I just Installed Metatrader 5, See Nothing!

I just installed Meta Trader 5 (Linux, using Wine).

By default user name and password given by the application I keep hearing strange sound repeating every few seconds.

Logging in with my user name and password I dont get this sound.

The funny thing, I have a few windows (EURUSD, different time periods) but I see no data. It is just black.

As well I couldn't find a way to add a window for XAUUSD.

Is it because it is weekend? I thought i should see something even on daily chart, but non.

What might be wrong?

Any advice highly appreciated.

Thanks

UPDATE:

I just came across the "Web Terminal" and created a demo account. It seems to be working.

Can I connect the "Web Terminal" to my forex broker real account? How?

Thank you.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

how i can gain 1 million dollar?

Sergey Golubev, 2022.02.17 15:20

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

limopc:

I just installed Meta Trader 5 (Linux, using Wine).

By default user name and password given by the application I keep hearing strange sound repeating every few seconds.

Logging in with my user name and password I dont get this sound.

The funny thing, I have a few windows (EURUSD, different time periods) but I see no data. It is just black.

As well I couldn't find a way to add a window for XAUUSD.

Is it because it is weekend? I thought i should see something even on daily chart, but non.

What might be wrong?

Any advice highly appreciated.

Thanks

The Error message (and sounds) are showing you that you are unable to connect to the trade server and access your trading account. It does not have anything to do with the weekend however.

That is why you can't find EURUSD, XAUUSD, on anything else for that matter, because you are not connected to the trading account.

Either your credentials are invalid or there is network issues.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The Error message (and sounds) are showing you that you are unable to connect to the trade server and access your trading account. It does not have anything to do with the weekend however.

That is why you can't find EURUSD, XAUUSD, on anything else for that matter, because you are not connected to the trading account.

Either your credentials are invalid or there is network issues.

I used my account and my password and sound stopped (user name and password I log in to the website and forum)! Still Black windows!

limopc #:

I used my account and my password and sound stopped (user name and password I log in to the website and forum)! Still Black windows!

Then you have the wrong account number, password or broker/server.

Check these info in the email you've receiver by your broker upon account creation.

No, you can't connect your real broker to the webterminal anymore, unless is the webterminal provided by your broker.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Then you have the wrong account number, password or broker/server.

Check these info in the email you've receiver by your broker upon account creation.

No, you can't connect your real broker to the webterminal anymore, unless is the webterminal provided by your broker.

I got demo account data from the website of my broker. User, Password and Server (2 demo accounts actually)

Trying both, I am still left with black screens!

Can it be because I am running Meta Trader 5 through Wine under Linux? Am I missing something?

limopc #: Can it be because I am running Meta Trader 5 through Wine under Linux? Am I missing something?

It is possible. I don't know much about "Wine" but I have seen some posts with user problems where it was incorrectly setup and it did not connect.

I have also seen posts where a network proxy needed to be setup.

I am only speculating here based on posts I have previously just scanned over.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is possible. I don't know much about "Wine" but I have seen some posts with user problems where it was incorrectly setup and it did not connect.

I have also seen posts where a network proxy needed to be setup.

I am only speculating here based on posts I have previously just scanned over.

OK.. I'll try on Windows and I will report back.

Thank you.

limopc #:

OK.. I'll try on Windows and I will report back.

Thank you.

OK. Installed on Windows 10.

Still the same. I noticed in journal a message 

2022.03.20 16:00:55.961 Network '57943487': authorization on xx.xxx.xxx :443 failed (Service is not available)

It is something related to network settings? Firewall? Router? OR The ISP is banning Meta Trader?

limopc #:

OK. Installed on Windows 10.

Still the same. I noticed in journal a message 

2022.03.20 16:00:55.961 Network '57943487': authorization on xx.xxx.xxx :443 failed (Service is not available)

It is something related to network settings? Firewall? Router? OR The ISP is banning Meta Trader?

It looks like an IP ban, restart your router and try again.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

It looks like an IP ban, restart your router and try again.Ok

OK. Thanks

Reason: