Key obstacle affecting the growth and expansion of MT5 and MQL5 community - page 2

Kanous #:
The problem is when the terminal shutdown.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Key obstacle affecting the growth and expansion of MT5 and MQL5 community

Kanous, 2021.09.08 19:16

This is what I saw in the events.

------------------

CE 0 14:48:47.786 Terminal Deriv x64 build 3036 started for Deriv Limited

HR 0 14:48:47.787 Terminal Windows Vista Service Pack 2 build 6002, Intel Core i7-4700MQ  @ 2.40GHz, 0 / 3 Gb memory, 355 / 464 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+0

Windows Vista?
read the post -

MT5 error

William Roeder, 2021.07.29 13:12

The MetaTrader platforms will no longer support Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista after 01 October 2017.
          Support for Windows XP / Windows 2003 / Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017 - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.06.01

Support for the 32-bit platform version was discontinued 20.03, after the release of build 2361. We strongly recommend upgrading to the 64-bit MetaTrader 4 5 version in order to access all the platform's features without any limitation.

Windows 7 extended support period begins in January 2020 when Windows 7 support ended officially, and it ends in January 2023 for good.
          New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 2020.01.22

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You want help and you want us to translate?

Not a nice attitude for someone seeking help...

This is an English forum and you should write in English please.

I saw one comment written in French and it has been removed. I know you asked the poster to post in English. I understand you are the moderator. Did you delete that post written in French?

Please could you leave these people who are posting in French. May be they have a solution. I don't speak French but I can use google to figure out what they are talking about. For me a language does not matter as long as we get a solution to the problem. This problem is affect many people and it has something to do with new build of MT5 and Windows 10. The guy who posted in French I figured out that he was say that he has experienced the same thing and he has asked support from Microsoft. So I wanted to contact him to find out if it was resolved but I see someone deleted the comment because it was in French. May be he does not understand English but he has a solution in French. Please let allow people to share they experiences in language that they understand. At the end of the day we need a solution to this problem. Some people are busy bragging they never have this problem because they have been on MT5 for years. They fail to understand that new builds could be a problem. The problem does exist. The fact that it works for those who installed MT5 years ago does not mean that there is no problem. I know quite a few EA developers who gave up on MT5 and went back to MT4. I hope we resolve this issue. It is terrible experience

DoctorTanzanite #:

I saw one comment written in French and it has been removed. I know you asked the poster to post in English. I understand you are the moderator. Did you delete that post written in French?

Please could you leave these people who are posting in French. May be they have a solution. I don't speak French but I can use google to figure out what they are talking about. For me a language does not matter as long as we get a solution to the problem. This problem is affect many people and it has something to do with new build of MT5 and Windows 10. The guy who posted in French I figured out that he was say that he has experienced the same thing and he has asked support from Microsoft. So I wanted to contact him to find out if it was resolved but I see someone deleted the comment because it was in French. May be he does not understand English but he has a solution in French. Please let allow people to share they experiences in language that they understand. At the end of the day we need a solution to this problem. Some people are busy bragging they never have this problem because they have been on MT5 for years. They fail to understand that new builds could be a problem. The problem does exist. The fact that it works for those who installed MT5 years ago does not mean that there is no problem. I know quite a few EA developers who gave up on MT5 and went back to MT4. I hope we resolve this issue. It is terrible experience

And I agree with Alain Verleyen
What you are doing here is trolling.

Key obstacle affecting the growth and expansion of MT5 and MQL5 community

Alain Verleyen, 2021.09.08 15:24

You have a problem and you are thinking the world has a problem...it's weird reasoning. If you want positive contribution don't start posting conclusions which doesn't make sense. There is no general issue with MT5.

What is your configuration ? What MT5 build ?

If MT5 starts even for a while, it should be reported in the logs : C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\[INSTANCE_ID]\Logs

Please post it.

----------------

Upload those 3 lines from your MT5 so we all will see your Windows version here.
This is the example about how to upload and where to check it:

Vladimir Karputov, 2021.03.16 04:20

If you have a question, first of all you should show the first three lines from the 'Journal' tab

(select these lines, copy to the clipboard and paste into the message using the button Code). It should look like this:

2021.03.16 05:13:07.133 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 3003 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2021.03.16 05:13:07.134 Terminal        Windows 10 build 19042, Intel Core i7-9750H  @ 2.60GHz, 26 / 31 Gb memory, 842 / 947 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+2
2021.03.16 05:13:07.134 Terminal        C:\Users\barab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075

----------------

If you continue your trolling in your way on this forum without any technical information to be proven by logs/screenshots and so on - I will delete this thread.
Because no any support will be provided without technical details, and it is responsibility of the users to provide as much technical details (proven details, means: logs, screenshots, more) as necessary.

for information.

Sergey Golubev #:

----------------

Upload those 3 lines from your MT5 so we all will see your Windows version here.

----------------

If you continue your trolling in your way on this forum without any technical information to be proven by logs/screenshots and so on - I will delete this thread.
Because no any support will be provided without technical details, and it is responsibility of the users to provide as much technical details (proven details, means: logs, screenshots, more) as necessary.

for information.

2021.09.08 20:51:46.368 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 3036 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2021.09.08 20:51:46.372 Terminal Windows 10 build 18362, Intel Core i7-7700HQ  @ 2.80GHz, 8 / 15 Gb memory, 2 / 104 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+2
2021.09.08 20:51:46.372 Terminal C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E6209F55C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF0645

DoctorTanzanite #:
2021.09.08 20:51:46.368 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 3036 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2021.09.08 20:51:46.372 Terminal Windows 10 build 18362, Intel Core i7-7700HQ  @ 2.80GHz, 8 / 15 Gb memory, 2 / 104 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+2
2021.09.08 20:51:46.372 Terminal C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E6209F55C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF0645

(MetaQuotes MetaTrader5 version:5:00 build 3035, 06 Sep 2021)
C:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\logs
1.The log for today is empty. I opened metatrader5 five times and so far it has closed 5 times but there is no log for today
2.Log for yesterday shows the following:
IE 0 00:31:08.529 Terminal exit with code 0
CP 0 00:31:08.542 Network '51688418': disconnected from MetaQuotes-Demo
CH 0 00:31:08.855 Terminal stopped with 0
ML 0 00:31:08.867 Terminal shutdown with 0

DoctorTanzanite #:

build 3036 is beta build.

----------------

as far as I know: there is Windows 10 32-bit, and there is Windows 10 64-bit.
and Windows 10 32-bit will not work with Metatrader 5.
so you should check it with your Windows.

---------------- 

You can try the following:

• Several traders had this issue (it is what I can read on this forum), and this issue was related to their anti-virus and/or firewall in their Windows.
    Yes, several users fixed this issue by themselves, and they told to all of us: "it is issue related to anti-virus and/or firewall."
    Two users are from Russian forum and one from this forum.
    So, close your antivirus (turn it off) and made an exception in antivirus for Metatrader.
  • beta builds; try to install released/stable version - look at post and on the following:

My trading platform shut down alone

Sergey Golubev, 2021.09.08 01:18

Some users reported yesterday about their antivirus issue.
read post and post   

How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): the thread

---------------- 

Are you using some external VPS?
Because some VPS providers were banned from the Market and from mql5 portal.

One person (you mentioned him about French language) posted that he is using Windows 10 64 bit (look at post )
When he uploaded full logs on your thread so I see that he is using Windows Vista (look at post ), and Windows Vista is not supported anymore.
Why he was talking about Windows 10 64-bit during the two days having Windows Vista instead?
He is using VPS?

I mean: if you are using external VPS instead of your home computer so be informed that some VPS providers were banned from the services of mql5 (and it may be affected on MT5).
----------------

Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
  • www.mql5.com
Dear Team, I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it...

Sergey Golubev #:

----------------

----------------

for information.

Let's not mix the user.

@Kanous talked here about Windows 10. Then in this topic it's showed a log with Vista.

No point to invest any time about Vista.

Sergey I propose to remove the post related to Kanous case from this topic, to avoid more confusion. Kanous have to use his own topic.

DoctorTanzanite #:

1. Start to use the production release 2981 and not a beta.
  2. Do not use Metaquotes-demo server, it's for beta-testers.
  3. Check your antivirus, as suggested by Sergey.
  4. Is your Windows 10 genuine ?
  5. Start MT5 and close it yourself if possible. Then post the log FILE here, not a copy and paste.

Alain Verleyen #:

Let's not mix the user.

@Kanous talked here about Windows 10. Then in this topic it's showed a log with Vista.

No point to invest any time about Vista.

Sergey I propose to remove the post related to Kanous case from this topic, to avoid more confusion. Kanous have to use his own topic.

I deleted my two posts about him.
I will not delete his "Windows Vista" logs/post (let him explain it by himself, because as far as I know - the technical support are looking for the logs about similar cases with beta builds during the two days for now on the forum so they will have at least some log ...).

Alain Verleyen #:
  1. Start to use the production release 2981 and not a beta.
  2. Do not use Metaquotes-demo server, it's for beta-testers.
  3. Check your antivirus, as suggested by Sergey.
  4. Is your Windows 10 genuine ?
  5. Start MT5 and close it yourself if possible. Then post the log FILE here, not a copy and paste.

Yes my windows is genuine. Specifics of my Windows 10

-------------------------------

Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-7700HQ cpu @2.80GHz 2.81 GHZ

Installed memory(RAM):16.0GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

------------

Please can you send me the link on where to download a production release 2981?

When I click on the link above on step 1, it show that "404 Page does not exist".

Thanks for the above steps. I am doing that right now.

Reason: