New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - page 3

Good evening. I used MT4 for a long time, then I stopped trading. Now I would like to start trading again, but I can't install MT4. As an operating system I use Windows 7. I have been told that I can have installation problems and that I should change my computer. Can you give me other solutions to my problem? Thanks Giorgio Pruccoli

Can you ask that person why you can not use it ?

Have you tried to ignore it and just install it to see if it worked ? 

1Giorgio:
Good evening. I used MT4 for a long time, then I stopped trading. Now I would like to start trading again, but I can't install MT4. As an operating system I use Windows 7. I have been told that I can have installation problems and that I should change my computer. Can you give me other solutions to my problem? Thanks Giorgio Pruccoli

You cannot download MT4 directly from Metaquotes anymore, you need to download it from a broker's website.

You will not have problems with MT4 and Windows 7, even though Metaquotes has announced that has stopped MT4's development.

Reqular bug fixes and updates are still rolling out from time to time.

But windows 7 support s over

amando:

Did you try it ? 

You can always upgrade your system.

amando:

There is an extended support period for entreprises.

The extended support period begins in January 2020 when Windows 7 support ends officially and it ends in January 2023 for good. Customers need to pay Microsoft for the first year to be eligible for support in the second, and for the second year to be eligible for extended support in the third year.

Reason: