Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program - page 2

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Suddenly can't open Metatrader 5 terminal

danielfersbeanto, 2021.09.07 07:10

I can open after I non activate my antivirus. Still after updated with stable 3021 version still can't open if Antivirus is activated

So I add the installation folder of Metatrade in the Antivirus exception, and it worked

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

fresh windows 10 install with all updates, new mt4 install wont even launch

wayneth, 2021.09.10 08:31

avast

they seem to have changed things recently. you now have to add exceptions to apps you want to use else they are blocked. I have been with them for over a decade so it wasn't an obvious thing to look at. 

GR2508 #:

After a long search on the Internet, I found out that the problem is the Antivirus.

So, if anyone here has a similar issue with MT4/MT5 launching (latest versions), try switching off your Antivirus software.

p.s. Sergey, many thanks for all the informational comments anyway.

Hello!

Could you tell me, what Antivirus do you use?

nanamike:

Dear Team,

I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it. If I double click on the icon created on my laptop as I installed the MT5, it doesn't read let alone to open the app. I have been using this app for the past 2 weeks but I began experiencing this problem just this evening (17:00 - 18:40GMT).

Counting on your swift response.

@Faheem Ullah Khan

yes its is some also for me now 

'''  GR250  -  fter a long search on the Internet, I found out that the problem is the Antivirus.  '''

Hi Thank youu, i was having the same problem with MT5 from alot of brokers, and the only way those MT5 could run is if i would open them in Avast's ''Sandbox''  (my anti-virus) but after seeing your comment i 

remembered that i can disable the anti-virus permanently, i did it and now those MT5s are working. Danko!! ( means thank you) :)

Utter disappointment!  I cannot start MT5 as of this morning.  The launch icon is blank, the source file does not launch, receiving various error messages.  This is a complete disappointment knowing that it took me a couple days to configure the settings (second time doing this) and than many more days to refine it to my likings, and knowing that my settings are likely non-retrievable (for a second time) in one year.  Now I must decide if I want to spend hours, possibly days trying to fix this issue, because turning off the Antivirus did nothing to restore the settings.  I find the product to be superb, but I don't have the technical savvy to be tinkering with this stuff. I just want to spend my time focusing on trading.  Sure hope the programming gurus are listening and can fix this quickly without driving me crazy.

I have the same problem, It only open when I download It. The only way that I have found is Uninstall and Download over and over.

Yes I can confirm here the problem is with Avast. I turned it off and voilá, MT5 started immediately.

Good news -- my issue was hardware related and was resolved today --- thank goodness.  

Great work done here by all those that contributed in helping people have a smooth trading experience. May your profits have no limit. Ciao

MQ Alexander #:

Hello!

Could you tell me, what Antivirus do you use?

I use AVG. Had to add all the latest installed MT4 and MT5 platforms to the exception list.

Reason: