MetaTrader 4 Platform update build 1330

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Friday, March 19, 2021. This version provides error fixes and platform stability improvements.

The new build will be available through the Live Update system.

Thank you.

I have found some bug.

double A = 1 / 500 ;

Print ( A ) ;
 Value is printed equal 0.

HuyTitan: I have found some bug. Value is printed equal 0.
  1. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
              Don't rush to claim that you have found a bug.
    Questions Not To Ask
              My program doesn't work. I think system facility X is broken.

It is almost always your code.

2. Of course, it does.
              On MT4 v434, division quotient don't give floating point values(Bug??) - MQL4 programming forum 2012.09.18

MetaQuotes:

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Friday, March 19, 2021. This version provides error fixes and platform stability improvements.

The new build will be available through the Live Update system.

Since updating, I get "global initialization failed" messages when backtesting purchased EAs which run fine on build 1320!  Samples attached but it seems to happen with any purchased EA.  My own EAs run fine.

I have tried re-installing the EA and restarting the terminal.

After the new build was installed, the MetaEditor has disappeared!  The file, metaeditor.exe is still in the same folder, but when I try to launch it, I get a message in the Journal that says "MetaEditor not found"

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any solutions short of reinstalling the entire platform?

Trader Mike:

After the new build was installed, the MetaEditor has disappeared!  The file, metaeditor.exe is still in the same folder, but when I try to launch it, I get a message in the Journal that says "MetaEditor not found"

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any solutions short of reinstalling the entire platform?

I get the same.

Do you have the same problem with backtesting Market EAs that I reported?

Thank goodness I still have a build 1320 instance!  Is anyone actually covering support the weekend after a Friday update???

Makes you laugh doesn't it, "This version provides error fixes and platform stability improvements."!!!

HuyTitan:

I have found some bug.

Value is printed equal 0.

it's not a platform bug.  make numbers as double type other than int - if you want float calculation. 

e.g.

double A=1.0/500.0;

Print(A);

//output 0.002

I updated four MT4 instances (4 of 7) on 3 computers to the latest 1330 build now, and I do not have any problem with MetaEditor.
For information.

Sergey Golubev:
I updated four MT4 instances (4 of 7) on 3 computers to the latest 1330 build now, and I do not have any problem with MetaEditor.
For information.

Hmm, well I've updated two instances on my desktop which won't open the editor OR run backtests on Market EAs.  BUT one instance on my tablet which runs the editor and backtests fine.

The only thing I can think which might be causing a problem is that on the desktop I'm running the "Tick Data Suite" plugin.  Trader Mike - are you running TDS?  Maybe it's one for Birt?

Sergey Golubev:
For information.

The rest 3 MT4 instances were updated for the latest 1330 build.

By the way, all 3 computers are having MT5 installed.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 4 Platform update build 1330

Wayside48, 2021.03.21 11:32

I have no such DLL in my folder, but the editor won't run either by using F4 or double clicking metaeditor.exe.  However, it works fine on my tablet on build 1330, but that does not have Tick Data Suite.  I've raised a support request with TDS just in case.

So, you can try to install MT5 (or update MT5 if already installed), and it may be this MT5 installation will provide the updated MetaEditor for MT4 too (just an idea).

Reason: