Windows 10 update

I have this week carried out a major update to my Windows 10 operating system, the result being my purchased indicators would no longer work. This is a well know issue following major Windows updates (the licensed product sees the update as 'new hardware'), so my question is will all of those affected get an activation credited back to their account for each item?

See also:

EA activation needed after Windows 10 update?
EA activation needed after Windows 10 update?
  • www.mql5.com
General: EA activation needed after Windows 10 update?

Devonish:

I have this week carried out a major update to my Windows 10 operating system, the result being my purchased indicators would no longer work. This is a well know issue following major Windows updates (the licensed product sees the update as 'new hardware'), so my question is will all of those affected get an activation credited back to their account for each item?

See also:

Use another computer with a non-Windows 10 operating system. Any other windows works for me.

Devonish:

See also:

You can disable windows updates using the local group policy if using windows 10 pro or registry if using win 10 home.

Microsoft likes to restart the update so I have this simple script which runs in Windows every hr and on every computer boot:

net stop WuAuServ

sc config WuAuServ start=disabled

Copy/paste the above 2 lines into notepad and save the file as stopWU.bat on c:\.  Then search for Task Scheduler on your Windows taskbar and click it to open. There, create 2 jobs that both run the file you created in the step prior.  One job set it to run on computer startup and the other job set it to run every 1hr.  This will prevent Micrososft from reeneabling the Windows Updates.  Also will stop your computer from rebooting in the middle of the night for the dreaded updates.

[Deleted]:

You can disable windows updates using the local group policy if using windows 10 pro or registry if using win 10 home.

Microsoft likes to restart the update so I have this simple script which runs in Windows every hr and on every computer boot:

net stop WuAuServ

sc config WuAuServ start=disabled

Copy/paste the above 2 lines into notepad and save the file as stopWU.bat on c:\.  Then search for Task Scheduler on your Windows taskbar and click it to open. There, create 2 jobs that both run the file you created in the step prior.  One job set it to run on computer startup and the other job set it to run every 1hr.  This will prevent Micrososft from reeneabling the Windows Updates.  Also will stop your computer from rebooting in the middle of the night for the dreaded updates.

Thank you for the advice. That will prevent future problems, trouble is I've now 'lost' a good Correlation Table I paid for.

It won't work and the original has gone and no longer available*. Doesn't seem fair to me.

*See : <...>

Bernhard Schweigert:

Use another computer with a non-Windows 10 operating system. Any other windows works for me.

Thanks for your suggestion, but keeping Windows updated is important to protect against vulnerabilities and exploits.

Devonish:

Thank you for the advice. That will prevent future problems, trouble is I've now 'lost' a good Correlation Table I paid for.

It won't work and the original has gone and no longer available*. Doesn't seem fair to me.

*See : <...>

If the purchase was deleted from the Market(and if you do not see it on the Market tab of your Metatrader to install) so use the following procedure:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The purchased tab is only showing the last two purchases

Alexey Petrov, 2021.01.19 11:17

Even if a Market product is removed from the showcase, those who already purchased it, can install it anytime from their MetaTrader terminal (Market \ Purchased section).

In case you don't see the product on the list of your purchases in the terminal, try the following:

1. Close all your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install product again

Sergey Golubev:

If the purchase was deleted from the Market(and if you do not see it on the Market tab of your Metatrader to install) so use the following procedure:

Thank you Sergey, I have found it under purchased tab and managed to re install :)

Sergey Golubev:

It will be the announcement on the forum about activations.

Some news.
Users in Russian forum opened the thread about losing activations on Windows 10 updates, and the MQ/admin replied that the activations will be added for everybody (it is related to Windows 10 updates).

We do not know about when it will be added ... but at least we have the official post of the MetaQuotes about it:

For information.

Reason: