Cannot install MT5 on m1 MacBook Pro

Hi, I am trying to install MT5 on my m1 MacBook Pro however once I have downloaded the dmg file from Download the trading platform for Mac OS, I drag it over to the application folder it never actually start the installation. When I try to open it, it is just unresponsive and no window comes up. It says on the page that it supports m1 and Big Sur. Please help.....

I found some latest information related to Metatrader on M1 -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can install MT5 on Macbook air M1?

Marco vd Heijden, 2021.01.06 09:24

Part of the problem is that the new MacOS (Catalina) has dropped support for 32 Bit applications.

This means that you can not use MT4 anymore and when you are using MT5, you have to make sure that you are using the 64 Bit installer, when you are installing manually.

If you want to use the dedicated MacOS installer you can try this.

More -

Metatrader 4/5 MACOS ????

Renat Fatkhullin , 2021.01.14 14:04

Thank you, and happy holidays too.

Yes, the MacBook came. MT4 for iPad, MT5 for iPad work perfectly from AppStore on M1. We'll be making a number of cosmetic tweaks for better screen size compatibility.

The problems with launching the Destop MT4 / MT5 on M1 were due to the protection system. It seems to have been fixed, today we will test and release the MetaTrader 5 update for MacOS .

We are making a new web terminal for MT5 on a new engine, in it we will think about how to attach personal SSL certificates.

Update: M1 desktop hasn't taken off yet.

MetaTrader 5 platform beta build 2055: Integration with Python and Strategy Tester improvements
MetaTrader 5 platform beta build 2055: Integration with Python and Strategy Tester improvements
  • www.mql5.com
The beta version of the updated MetaTrader 5 platform will be released on Friday, May 17, 2019...

So, you can use this page https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/install_mac to download and install MT5 for Mac.

Some users reported that they can not install MT5 for M1, for example - this post:

Metatrader 4/5 MACOS ????

Andy , 01/20/20/17 1:26 PM

I tried to install MT5 myself via CrossOver from CodeWeavers on MacBook Air M1, but it didn’t work - there was an error installing MS HTML Rendering Engine 8 and Metatrader 5 does not start.
The other users reported that they could install MT5 on Mac from this package.

But I can not check it (I do not have Mac).

Installation on Mac OS - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Help
Installation on Mac OS - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform can be installed and used on computers that run Mac OS using Wine. Wine is a free and open source software application that...

Hello, Have the same problem i can't install MT5 on my Macbook pro M1(with Monterey). PlayonMac not works.....

Help me please!

Thanks

I was running mt5 ok but uninstalled and reinstalled it the same day and it cannot open anymore. Anyone figured how to troubleshoot this and get it to work? Need the mt5 on my Mac since web trader and phone app can't run my script.

lwl99 #:
I was running mt5 ok but uninstalled and reinstalled it the same day and it cannot open anymore. Anyone figured how to troubleshoot this and get it to work? Need the mt5 on my Mac since web trader and phone app can't run my script.

I have same problem

It was working fine until I uninstall and reinstall it and now it is not starting anymore

Please help

hi, the metatrader4/5 application can no longer be opened on my Mac m1.. is there a problem with the dental terminal?

abdullah purnama #:
hi, the metatrader4/5 application can no longer be opened on my Mac m1.. is there a problem with the dental terminal?
I am having this problem too...It was fine few weeks ago...it just not working today, i try to reinstall, but i couldn't launch it anymore.

squidme #:

I have same problem

It was working fine until I uninstall and reinstall it and now it is not starting anymore

Please help

lwl99 #:
I have same issue. Anyone has found a fix for this ? thanks

had the same issue i changed from MAC OS to windows 64 Bit had to change as this affected all my trading work 
Reason: