Trying to update mt5 on phone (Android) but it won't let me

When I hit the Update app button it takes me to the Google Play screen and there it shows 2 buttons, uninstall and open.  Neither button updates the app.  I noticed it says it was last updated March 22.  But on this website....

it says there was an update on May 21st, which I presume is the updated version I need.  Does anyone have any advice on how I can update this app and get it working? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not work.

Anthony

AJ T:

When I hit the Update app button it takes me to the Google Play screen and there it shows 2 buttons, uninstall and open.  Neither button updates the app.  I noticed it says it was last updated March 22.  But on this website....

it says there was an update on May 21st, which I presume is the updated version I need.  Does anyone have any advice on how I can update this app and get it working? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not work.

Anthony

The updates are made automatically, if you go to the Play Store >> Your Apps >> Update All and your MT5 isn't among those apps that need updating, there isn't anything else you can do.

Alternatively you can uninstall it and install it again, but you may lose any account login data.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The updates are made automatically, if you go to the Play Store >> Your Apps >> Update All and your MT5 isn't among those apps that need updating, there isn't anything else you can do.

Alternatively you can uninstall it and install it again, but you may lose any account login data.

Thank you for the info. Eleni.  I tried what you suggested and it did not work.  I uninstalled and then reinstalled and i am still getting the popup window that says "unfortunately your program is outdated and is no longer supported.  Please update the app to continue working with it".  And then when I click the "update app" button it just takes me to the mt5 screen on Google Play with two button options...uninstall and open.  I tried clicking each one and neither updated the app.

AJ T:

Thank you for the info. Eleni.  I tried what you suggested and it did not work.  I uninstalled and then reinstalled and i am still getting the popup window that says "unfortunately your program is outdated and is no longer supported.  Please update the app to continue working with it".  And then when I click the "update app" button it just takes me to the mt5 screen on Google Play with two button options...uninstall and open.  I tried clicking each one and neither updated the app.

Probably something is strange with your phone or the Android version you are running, MT5 is getting updated every few weeks, so I don't think the problem comes from MT5.

Try on another phone and you will see that it will run smoothly.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Probably something is strange with your phone or the Android version you are running, MT5 is getting updated every few weeks, so I don't think the problem comes from MT5.

Try on another phone and you will see that it will run smoothly.

Yeah, I think you're right.  It could be my phone.  it is about 8 years old.  Might be time for a new one.  Although I have never had issues before with updates like this.

AJ T:

If your phone android version is less than 8.1 u will encounter problems when updating make sure u have an Android version of 8.1 and above

My Android version is 11, I'm using Nokia 1.4, but my mt5 app cnt be installed, what could be the cause 
Reason: