Trading stocks

Hi there,

I am new here and i want to trade stocks rather than forex/currency. I have not been able top find out where and how buy/sell platform 

Anyone please guide me

Thanks \

JC

Jean C. Muchelou:

Hi there,

I am new here and i want to trade stocks rather than forex/currency. I have not been able top find out where and how buy/sell platform 

Anyone please guide me

Thanks \

JC

Not all brokers offer stock trading, but those they do, offer it through MT5 platform.

Search online for such brokers, because discussion and recommendations about them, are not allowed in this forum.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Not all brokers offer stock trading, but those they do, offer it through MT5 platform.

Search online for such brokers, because discussion and recommendations about them, are not allowed in this forum.

No you are wrong. There are still brokers who offer it through MT4 platform.  

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

Which broker is best suitable for stock trading with the MT5 platform, and how reliable are they?

Jarvis89:
Which broker is best suitable for stock trading with the MT5 platform, and how reliable are they?
Discussion (especially the recommendations) about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.

I'm new to MT5, also.  My broker is IB.  Currently I'm using another trading platform to trade U.S. stocks.  I want to use MT5 for some third-party plugins for scanning, alerts, analysis, etc. without trading from MT5.  How can I get U.S. stock symbols?  Can I simply buy market data in MT5 to achieve this?  Thanks very much.

Henry Li #:
I'm new to MT5, also.  My broker is IB.  Currently I'm using another trading platform to trade U.S. stocks.  I want to use MT5 for some third-party plugins for scanning, alerts, analysis, etc. without trading from MT5.  How can I get U.S. stock symbols?  Can I simply buy market data in MT5 to achieve this?  Thanks very much.

The charts, the price on the charts, the symbols to trade (US stocks symbols for example), the name of the symbols and the time of the price on the charts - all those are related to the brokers only (one broker is providing some symbols, the other brookers - not).
There are a lot of Metatrader brokers so use google to find something for yourself according to the criterias you selected.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Need help

Sergey Golubev, 2021.07.19 18:17

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.

Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

Sergey Golubev #:

The charts, the price on the charts, the symbols to trade (US stocks symbols for example), the name of the symbols and the time of the price on the charts - all those are related to the brokers only (one broker is providing some symbols, the other brookers - not).
There are a lot of Metatrader brokers so use google to find something for yourself according to the criterias you selected.

Hi Sergey,

My broker is IB.  What's the best and most economic bridge?  Trade Commander's bridge seems too expensive for me?  Also, if we need to bridge to the broker, what's the market datafeed service in MT5 for?  Thanks again.

Henry Li #:

Hi Sergey,

My broker is IB.  What's the best and most economic bridge?  Trade Commander's bridge seems too expensive for me?  Also, if we need to bridge to the broker, what's the market datafeed service in MT5 for?  Thanks again.

This is the traders' forum, and the brokers' discussion is prohibited sorry (and I am not a broker).

Sergey Golubev #:
This is the traders' forum, and the brokers' discussion is prohibited sorry (and I am not a broker).

Sorry that I mentioned my broker's name; but I didn't want to discuss about any broker.  I just want to find out how to get live U.S. equity market datafeed into MT5 so that I can run third-party analytical tools.  It seems that MT5 has to be bridged to a broker.  But I'm confused by MT5 offering market datafeed service in MT5 platform.  Does it mean that if I purchase it, then I do not need to bridge to a broker?  Thanks for any further clarifications.

Reason: