Mt5 to mt4 bridge

My broker only offers mt4 as a platform but I want to use mt5 for various reasons. So I want to know if it is possible to build a bridge that will provide a mt5 platform with chart data, account info (account balance, equity, margin,etc.) as well as copy trades from my mt5 EA to my mt4 platform. Or maybe disguise my mt5 platform as a mt4 so I can log into my account with it.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

i feel the same way

I can make one ;-) MT5<->pipe<->DLL<->MT4. Let me know if you are interested.

Would I experience latency and slippage issues with this approach? Is there a way of fooling my brokers sever into thinking that my mt5 platform is a mt4?

There is a way to have MT5 output to MT4.

You could, for example, make use of a MT5 demo account from Metaquotes (because it doesn't have the typical 30 day expiry) to run whatever EA you like and have the trade signals copied directly to your broker supplied MT4. I use this exact method on my VPS as my broker is also dragging their heels on providing live MT5 accounts.

Have a read of https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/344 and be sure to also check the discussion.

Hope that helps.

Using MetaTrader 5 as a Signal Provider for MetaTrader 4
Using MetaTrader 5 as a Signal Provider for MetaTrader 4
  • Karlis Balcers
  • www.mql5.com
Analyse and examples of techniques how trading analysis can be performed on MetaTrader 5 platform, but executed by MetaTrader 4. Article will show you how to create simple signal provider in your MetaTrader 5, and connect to it with multiple clients, even running MetaTrader 4. Also you will find out how you can follow participants of Automated Trading Championship in your real MetaTrader 4 account.

jnmr1:
Would I experience latency and slippage issues with this approach? Is there a way of fooling my brokers sever into thinking that my mt5 platform is a mt4?

If MT5 opens the trade first, trigger and pass the message to MT4 - you will find it latency and slippage issues (maybe under 15 seconds).

Solution: EA pass the message to MT4 first before MT5 opens the trade. 

ROMAN5:
I just read an article about you.. Not Even 2 Hours ago Thanks For Sharing Your Views

ROMAN5:

Will this approach allow the importing of chart data and account info (account balance, free margin, etc.) into mt5 from mt4?

The reason I ask is, this is pointless if the EA I am running on mt5 can’t manage the money on my mt4 live account and the chart data doesn’t match.

jnmr1:

Will this approach allow the importing of chart data and account info (account balance, free margin, etc.) into mt5 from mt4?

The reason I ask is this is pointless if the EA I am running on mt5 can’t manage the money on my mt4 live account and the chart data doesn’t match.

Yes every data from MT4 can be imported to MT5, but you may want to try on demo what BP33 said above there before even considering live (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8997#comment_374774).

The way I see it is too risky. MT5 is position based while MT4 is ticket based, that way you may have several opened position in MT4 but MT5 only show one position.  

Mt5 to mt4 bridge
Mt5 to mt4 bridge
  • www.mql5.com
So I want to know if it is possible to build a bridge that will provide a mt5 platform with chart data, account info (account balance, equity, margin,etc.

jnmr1:

The reason I ask is, this is pointless if the EA I am running on mt5 can’t manage the money on my mt4 live account and the chart data doesn’t match.

Yes, this bridge is duplex (can communicate with one another in both directions at the same time). Chart data ? ask/bid or whole timeframe chart?
Reason: