Subscribed signal is closing the wrong trades!

I subscribed to a signal - I do notice that from time to time it closes the wrong trade and leave the right one in the system. For example, instead of closing the trade that was opened on 8/1/2020 it went to close the one that was opened on 28/8/2020.

This has happened twice now. The more concern is that it often closes the correct trade but it is just that it sometime close the wrong one two.

I now have trades in my account that is not in the signal provider's account - that may they will never close. Worst still, the trades that it closes are negative giving me huge losses on my signal account.

Please help

PS: I really do not know why MQL5 will not entertain this type of error and requesting me to post it in a general forum when it is their copying technology that is messing up.

Boyifx Boyifx:

I subscribed to a signal - I do notice that from time to time it closes the wrong trade and leave the right one in the system. For example, instead of closing the trade that was opened on 8/1/2020 it went to close the one that was opened on 28/8/2020.

This has happened twice now. The more concern is that it often closes the correct trade but it is just that it sometime close the wrong one two.

I now have trades in my account that is not in the signal provider's account - that may they will never close. Worst still, the trades that it closes are negative giving me huge losses on my signal account.

Please help

PS: I really do not know why MQL5 will not entertain this type of error and requesting me to post it in a general forum when it is their copying technology that is messing up.

Probably the losing trades are closed due to margin calls from your broker.

Check available margin and contact your broker and signal provider for help.

@Elini Anna - No it is not due to margin call. The account is only 14% in negative equity with a 1:500 margin arrangement. It only closes these wrong trades when the signal provider closes a trade. It always close the wrong trade and leave the correct one behind. The trades are closed at the same time when the signal provider closes the the correct trade.

I have been in touch with both. There is nothing they can do. It is mql5.com copying that is messing things up. I think the copying system has mixed up alignment between my trades and that of the signal provider. It gets it right often but sometimes get it completely wrong.

Boyifx Boyifx:

I have been in touch with both. There is nothing they can do. It is mql5.com copying that is messing things up. I think the copying system has mixed up alignment between my trades and that of the signal provider. It gets it right often but sometimes get it completely wrong.

Please make it clear.

Are these "wrong" trades opened by the signal or are they trades that you have opened manually or have been opened by another EA?

@Keith Watford: These trades are opened by the signal. Nothing else runs on the account.

To illustrate:

1. Signal has 10 open trades

2. All trades open correctly the same as signal provider

3. Today, one trade was closed by Signal provider. What my own trade did was also to close one trade but it went and close a different trade that was opened in August by service provider and left the correct one it is supposed to close.

This is the second time this is happening in two weeks.

I started noticing this when I moved from one VPS to another.

Normally it should not matter since changing VPS should not affect signal opening and closing but it looks like this one has an effect.

Note that when I moved across VPS, it was on weekend and everything looked fine then.

You should check metatrader journal (or VPS journal in case you are using MQL5 VPS).
Because it should be written there about why the trades were closed or opened, and the reasons may be the following:

• you deposited or withdraw money from your trading account;
  • signal provider deposited or withdraw money from his trading account;
  • if you use "synchronization without confirmation" settings so it may be related to stop loss;
  • more.

So, check the logs because it should be written about why some trade was closed or opened.
You can look at the first post of this thread for logs example (about what to chec): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/333220

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

@Sergey, I analyzed the log as you suggested and I have seen the problem.

In the log, it shows the service provider trades that are mapped to my trade. They are mostly wrong! The total number of trades is the same on both sides but the mapping of service provider trade to mine are mostly wrong.

So this is a case of a wrong mapping by MQL5 copier and I do not know how to correct it.

I see in the log that it has twice carried out synchronization but both synching are wrong according to the table of mapping it provides in the log.

is there any way I can ask it to forget the old mapping and do a new one?

Surprisingly, even for the orphaned traded on my side (the one it did not close) it has mapped it to another trade on the service provider side which means this wrong closure will continue.

Boyifx Boyifx:

@Sergey, I analyzed the log as you suggested and I have seen the problem.

In the log, it shows the service provider trades that are mapped to my trade. They are mostly wrong! The total number of trades is the same on both sides but the mapping of service provider trade to mine are mostly wrong.

So this is a case of a wrong mapping by MQL5 copier and I do not know how to correct it.

I see in the log that it has twice carried out synchronization but both synching are wrong according to the table of mapping it provides in the log.

is there any way I can ask it to forget the old mapping and do a new one?

Surprisingly, even for the orphaned traded on my side (the one it did not close) it has mapped it to another trade on the service provider side which means this wrong closure will continue.

It is impossible to get "mapped wrongly".
Because it is mapped sucessfully, or not (and it is not a bug).

---------------- 

I know many cases when some part of the trade was closed (because of synchronization with new your balance/provider balance, and so on), or some cases when the trade was opened once again after closing by stop loss or take profit (it is also related to synchronization, and it is not a bug).

You can analyse the logs to understand - which settings of your signal subscription should be changed (there are a lot of posts about it so it is usual/normal situation).

No one can say or suggest you more because no one see your logs/settings and so on.
I can only provide some information related sorry.

Looks like the same as here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/348704

(just for reference)

BUG: Signal-Service closed wrong Position
BUG: Signal-Service closed wrong Position
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, i've found a Bug in the Signal-Service: It has closed the wrong position this Morning. Instead of a small win, i got a bigger loss...

Christian Blank:

Looks like the same as here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/348704

(just for reference)

It is impossible to say - same case or not.
Because topic starter did not provide any logs and anything ... just talking.
But as far as I know - the trades are closed based on the mapping, balance operations on the account, and in case he is making his won trade on the same trading accounts (may be - some more reason).

So, it is useless to talk in theoretical way in case the user is not providing any proofs for anything.
By the way, the service desk is not dealing with the requests in case the user did not provide any proofs (because they should reproduce the bug to find it; and if the possible bug can not be reproduced so it is not a bug at all - it is how it works in technical way sorry).
read post for more
General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
  • www.mql5.com
General rules, enforced by moderators : ‌...
Reason: