How to know the full Indicator parameters

Hi All,

I've trend Indicator it has 3 inputs, I try to use it in EA with iCustom Function when i test it successfully load But it's not working  , I think there are other parameters not shown in the indicator inputs.

My question: is there a method to know the full parameters of the successfully loaded indicator ?

Like code or function that import all parameters of the indicator.

Thanks in advance >

zreboo:

Hi All,

I've trend Indicator it has 3 inputs, I try to use it in EA with iCustom Function when i test it successfully load But it's not working  , I think there are other parameters not shown in the indicator inputs.

My question: is there a method to know the full parameters of the successfully loaded indicator ?

Like code or function that import all parameters of the indicator.

Thanks in advance >

No way an indicator has hidden inputs. You are probably getting wrong index or something else but... You should check with data window to know what values to expect and you can debug with Print();

There is also the chance that the indicator just draws over the chart without using any buffers. Than indicator will surely be loaded correctly but won't deliver any values.

zreboo: But it's not working

“Doesn't work” is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          When asking about code

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Always post all relevant code (using SRC).
          Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Fix your broken code.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

Nikolay Georgiev:

No way an indicator has hidden inputs. You are probably getting wrong index or something else but... You should check with data window to know what values to expect and you can debug with Print();

There is also the chance that the indicator just draws over the chart without using any buffers. Than indicator will surely be loaded correctly but won't deliver any values.

Hi  Nikolay, Thanks for your time .

it's a free indicator with ex4 type ,it auto draws a trend line  on the chart that shows the good positions to buy or sell, When using the indicator in manual trading, its value appears on the chart , I tried to use it's value to open trades with RSI indicator, i was think  iCustom function have a wrong or missing  parameter ,After I test it again without the templet it shows the indicator removes itself when start test.

I will attach the indicator here, I hope you benefit from it.

<ex4 file deleted>

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
When a graphical object is created using the ObjectCreate() function, it's necessary to specify the type of object being created, which can be one of the values of the ENUM_OBJECT enumeration. Further specifications of object properties are possible using functions for working with graphical objects.

William Roeder:

“Doesn't work” is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
          When asking about code

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Always post all relevant code (using SRC).
          Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Fix your broken code.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

Hi  William,  Thanks for your time .

I wanted to ask about the possibility of querying the full parameter of the current indicator on the chart in order to use it correctly with the iCustom function especially with the indicators with ex4 file type whose full parameter cannot be known.

I tried to make the question specific so that you can direct me to a specific topic or function or script that might help me.

zreboo:

Hi  Nikolay, Thanks for your time .

it's a free indicator with ex4 type ,it auto draws a trend line  on the chart that shows the good positions to buy or sell, When using the indicator in manual trading, its value appears on the chart , I tried to use it's value to open trades with RSI indicator, i was think  iCustom function have a wrong or missing  parameter ,After I test it again without the templet it shows the indicator removes itself when start test.

I will attach the indicator here, I hope you benefit from it.

Hi zzeboo, I have check with your indicator and the case is as I supposed. It doesnt have any buffers and draws on chart. Sadly it also makes objects with OBJPROP_SELECTABLE false which won't allow you to read values from objects created. So this indicator is not usable to any EA. When you slide the mouse over the bars in the selected zones it just doesn't change anything with the buffer. And All objects are not in the Objects section.

Files:
screen1.png  172 kb
screen2.png  176 kb

Nikolay Georgiev:

Hi zzeboo, I have check with your indicator and the case is as I supposed. It doesnt have any buffers and draws on chart. Sadly it also makes objects with OBJPROP_SELECTABLE false which won't allow you to read values from objects created. So this indicator is not usable to any EA. When you slide the mouse over the bars in the selected zones it just doesn't change anything with the buffer. And All objects are not in the Objects section.

Thank You Again ,I will use it for manual trading...

zreboo:

topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.

In future please post in the correct section.

I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Reason: