Can an ex.5 file be referenced in ex.4 EA script?

Hi an amateur here

As the title goes I would like to know if there is any possibility of using an ex.5 file indicator to reference using the iCustom functionality in EA scripts to be written in MetaEditor4.

I currently use MetaTrader4 and thought to retrieve values using iCustom from an indicator that came built-in with the MT4. (ADX) but instead received error messages 'cannot open file....' as it turns out the indicator file for this ADX is an ex5. type. 

I don't use the code iADX because this returns slightly differing values shown on the indicator window so I would like to directly retrieve values from this specific indicator.

Is there a way for this ex5 file to be linked in the script of mql4 using iCustom, or see the inside codes making this original ex5 indicator so that I can built a new ex4 file to get the same values? 

I greatly appreciate any help regarding this

mort2020As the title goes I would like to know if there is any possibility of using an ex.5 file indicator to reference using the iCustom functionality in EA scripts to be written in MetaEditor4.

I currently use MetaTrader4 and thought to retrieve values using iCustom from an indicator that came built-in with the MT4. (ADX) but instead received error messages 'cannot open file....' as it turns out the indicator file for this ADX is an ex5. type. 

I don't use the code iADX because this returns slightly differing values shown on the indicator window so I would like to directly retrieve values from this specific indicator.

Is there a way for this ex5 file to be linked in the script of mql4 using iCustom, or see the inside codes making this original ex5 indicator so that I can built a new ex4 file to get the same values?

No! You cannot mix v4 and v5 executables and even the MQL code is not 100% compatible. The two platforms have many differences, especially in regards to the trading functionality.

I see. Thank you for that, much appreciated!!

mort2020: I see. Thank you for that, much appreciated!!

You are welcome!

Reason: