iCustom - change the input parameters on the fly

Hi, I've been searching the forum but can't seem to find a topic that answers my question, I cannot believe that this was not answered before so I hope someone can help direct me the correct article/post.

After an iCustom indicator was loaded on OnInit(), the start of the EA, is it possible to change the input parameter values on the fly? 

Thank you in advance.

Outlaw:

Hi, I've been searching the forum but can't seem to find a topic that answers my question, I cannot believe that this was not answered before so I hope someone can help direct me the correct article/post.

After an iCustom indicator was loaded on OnInit(), the start of the EA, is it possible to change the input parameter values on the fly? 

Thank you in advance.

Not directly, sinc iCustom() "starts" the indicator as it is done inn your EA.

As an idea (on to top of my head), If you coded your indicator, you can exchange values between Global Variable of the Terminal and your EA...

;)

I'll give it a go, thx for the reply

Hi there, @Outlaw, did you manage?
I need to modify an indicator parameter on the fly during EA execution. I have its source code. I am wondering if the only way is to sort of copy the indicator code in the EA code or if there is a way by resetting iCustom parameters. 
Thanks

I found the solution:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/184514

How to reinitialize Custom Indicator variables?
How to reinitialize Custom Indicator variables?
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I've created an adaptive custom indicator based on RSI and Stochastic that analyzes the immediate previous history and then chooses parameter s...
Reason: