Indicator not installing

I am trying to install  an indicator, the community log in pop up and fill in user name and password and nothing happen?  Can any one help? Thanks

This topic really needs a dedicated thread as the same question comes up over and over again.

I'm starting to think that nobody ever reads the forum unless they have a problem and hardly anybody bothers to do a search.

Use your forum login (your forum login is aprilpeele); do not use your email to login to Community tab.
When you login to this tab so you can check (successfully or not) in the Journal/logs of Metatrader.

----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I cant install the purchased EA in MT5 platform

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.21 13:36

Make sure -

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader,
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login - not your email.
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information).

----------------

1. "authorization failed" issue solving #1
2. possible fixing #71 and #80
3. product is purchased but not downloaded yet https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/333647
4. all possible options and about what to do: post #9
5. how it was solved: post #13

Issue in MT5 Storage/Cloud Protector/Community
Issue in MT5 Storage/Cloud Protector/Community
  • www.mql5.com
When trying to Utilize Cloud Protector i am getting "Incorrect Login/Password" in the Journal .Login + Pass are correct...

Keith Watford:

This topic really needs a dedicated thread as the same question comes up over and over again.

I'm starting to think that nobody ever reads the forum unless they have a problem and hardly anybody bothers to do a search.

Sorry if your bothered by the repeat questions, think how people like myself feel when, they are having issue. If you say this comes up a lot then this NEEDS to be addressed by MQL5, the instructions say go to forum if the problem you are having is not financial. 

So  a person good to the forum lookimg for help and it looks like a prison log , its hard to find the correct info. It looks so daunting, I didnt even know how to search much easier than waiting for help. MQL5 should have phone support! 

april peele:

Sorry if your bothered by the repeat questions, think how people like myself feel when, they are having issue. If you say this comes up a lot then this NEEDS to be addressed by MQL5, the instructions say go to forum if the problem you are having is not financial. 

So  a person good to the forum lookimg for help and it looks like a prison log , its hard to find the correct info. It looks so daunting, I didnt even know how to search much easier than waiting for help. MQL5 should have phone support! 

I agree with you. MQL5 could do a lot to improve customer support.

It is not good enough to just direct people to the forum as there are many questions that we simply do not have the knowledge to answer.

MQL5 should create a new section which contains topics such as how to buy and download an indicator/EA with step by step simple instructions.

From replies it seems that  very common problem is with people trying to login with their email instead of their user names. Why they should try to do that I don't know.

april peele:

It will be same in case of phone support. Because the people had service desk support in past, and it was same:
no one wanted to provide any technical details to help to fix any issue. I am replying on same forum questions several times in a day and I know that most of them are not  providing anything:

• they did not tell about Internet Explorer latest version installed,
  • they did not tell about how they login to Community,
  • they did not tell about Windows version or Mac or any,
  • they did not tell about their computers - VPS or not,
  • what is your build of Metatrader? MT4 or MT5? They did not tell about it ..
  • and so on.

And if they are telling something so I should check about the following: the people lie or not?
When I am asking: "Do you have IE installed on your computer as the latest version?", they replied: "Yes, we have" ... and I am thinking: "Do they lie or not?"
Because the people do not provide any screenshots or any proofs for any bugs for the technical guys to fix this bug.

I remember one thread where the user did not tell anything during the 2 days ... and in the end of second day the forum users discovered that he is trying to install MT5 product for MT4 instead of MT5 ...

So, it is the following for now:

DAY 2 ...Purchased products not showing in the mt4 market tab....DAY 2

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.22 08:59

And how all the forum support will be doing:
I think - I will stop providing any support in case the user does not provide (did not provide) and proofs/screenshots/ about what he did and screenshots about technical information.

It is responsibility of the users to provide correct proofs (screenshots, log files).
No proofs = no forum support (and the service desk is not helping in case of no proofs).

Indicator installation problem

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.18 18:54

proofs are the screenshots.

• what you are trying to do (which error/issue in general) - few words
  • Windows version (for example, Windows 10 64 bit)
  • Community tab in Metatrader - screenshot with password hidden from the public
  • Internet Explorer version - screenshot
  • Metatrader build - screenshot
  • log files - download log file in *txt format - attached to the thread
  • which error and when/why - screenshot and/or copy text from the log file
  • changed password (yes, not)
  • placed changed password in Community tab (yes, not), pressed OK after placed new password in Community tab?
  • Market tab - Purchases - screenshots (look at my screenshots on the post #13)
  • click Install button or download button - error? screenshot; what was written in the log file after pressing? log file in text format + screenshot.
  • "1.open data folder 2.once you open the data folder go back to the Terminal folder .3 once in the terminal folder go to the Community folder and delete everything in there ,restart mt4 and in mt4 go to terminal/market and login to your mql5 account and everything should work " - I think you did it, right? Did you fill Community tab in metatrader after that? Press OK after filling your login/pass?
  • more

Reason: