Cannot login to www.mql5.com from the MT4 platform

Hi, I have been trying to login to MQL5 community from the MT4 platform several times on different days, but I am unable to get through ( but login from www.mql5.com website is working fine.)

After checking message from the Journal tab,  the errors are as follows -

MQL4 Market: failed to get a list of user products [401]

MQL5.comunity:authrization failed

Please kindly advise how to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Make sure -

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader (I am having MT4 build 1280),
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login (your login is warote) - not your email.
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information).
Issue in MT5 Storage/Cloud Protector/Community
Issue in MT5 Storage/Cloud Protector/Community
  • www.mql5.com
When trying to Utilize Cloud Protector i am getting "Incorrect Login/Password" in the Journal .Login + Pass are correct...

Sergey Golubev:

Make sure -

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader (I am having MT4 build 1280),
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login (your login is warote) - not your email.
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information).
Thank you.  Problem solved, I can now install indicator on my PC. Thanks again for your help.

I still have that issue

Faisal:
I still have that issue
read post
General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
  • www.mql5.com
General rules, enforced by moderators : ‌...

warote:
Thank you.  Problem solved, I can now install indicator on my PC. Thanks again for your help.

Warote How you solved the problem?

Hi

I had the same frustration and figured it out.  You can find your profile username by logging into mql5 site, then click on your profile.  Not look at the address bar at the top of your browser.  In my case it is:

https://www.mql5.com/en/users/simonleiper/

You can then use this to log into the community profile on MT4 with your password.... 

Best of luck

Simon Leiper:

Hi

I had the same frustration and figured it out.  You can find your profile username by logging into mql5 site, then click on your profile.

You can find out your user name by hovering the mouse cursor over your name at the top of one of your posts. The name should display bottom left corner of the screen

Hi I am facing the same issue. I have used my profile name wongkeseeng, not he email and password is correct as i have successfully sign in via MQL5 webpage but not through MT4 platform. I have cleared the community folder from terminal tab.  MY MT4 build is 1330. i have used internet explorer as default browser.  I still have  same error message from journal tab. 

Please help?

wongkeseeng:
Hi I am facing the same issue. I have used my profile name wongkeseeng, not he email and password is correct as i have successfully sign in via MQL5 webpage but not through MT4 platform. I have cleared the community folder from terminal tab.  MY MT4 build is 1330. i have used internet explorer as default browser.  I still have  same error message from journal tab. 

Please help?

read post where I collected all possible reasons.

besides, it may be related to your password:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

i can't login with my google account because mt4 pc terminal not have google login options

Sergey Golubev, 2020.08.05 21:49

If you forgot your password, or you registered using google or facebook so use the following link to get new password for example:
https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_forgotten

On File Menu am unable to Login to Community from MT4
On File Menu am unable to Login to Community from MT4
  • www.mql5.com
I don't know what the problem is... Help please...

My ie version 11,
MT4 version 1335,
Login with my username
Password got from recovery password.
Keep failing.
Reason: