Indicators: Power of USD with average - page 3

kendori1988:

Dear Jan,

I a fan of this indicator that you created. it is indeed very useful.

Very useful doing swing by validating if it is on the S&R/zone.

I am just wondering if you could have XAG and XAU POWER also :)

XAU can be go against AUD,CHF,EUR,GBP and JPY

XAG can be go against AUD, EUR, and USD.

In pepperstone they have this pairs, not sure with other broker.

But all in all kudos for this one!!

Hi,

thank you. 

Unfortunately my broker does have neither XAU nor XAG in his porftolio.

Try someone who use the same broker as you use.

The accommodation of the indicator is simple even for a beginner programmer.

But indicator function must be tested on real charts. 

Regards.

Jan.

Indicator is repainting.

Rapainting?

Only actual candle.

Which is correct because actual candle is changing.

Regards .

Jan.

Hi, i dragged script to mt4, double clicked and all. Not appearing on chart. Please am i doing something wrong?

IN what instance would you select counter trend? do you have to see what the main trend is on Daily then select trend or counter trend depending on what direction you are trading? 

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher Engelbach #:

IN what instance would you select counter trend? do you have to see what the main trend is on Daily then select trend or counter trend depending on what direction you are trading? 

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

there are plenty of different opinions telling you why, when and where (on which price level) you should trade WITH the trend or AGAINST the trend.

My view is that there is no generally applicable rule.

You can try to choose COUNTER-TREND mode after the price fall and TREND mode in other cases but only if the trend does not last too long.

Finally you have to test it yourself and consider what works for you.    

Regards.

Jan.

Thank you Jan! I really like your "Power of ... with average" indicators. Can you add an alert when crossing the zero line? That would be really useful. Also, is it possible to use a higher value for the moving average? I prefer to trade on 1 minute timeframe and would like to use higher values for the MA (240 seems to work fine, but something like 1440 doesn't seem to work). Once again, thank you for the indicators.
Reason: