Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) released - activations for purchased Market products added - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou:

After each major Windows upgrade Metaquotes adds an extra activation for all purchased products.

This system sucks.

Imagine I buy a product and install it on 3 computers, all with Windows 10. Each time there is a major update of Windows 10 I need 3 new activations. But I only get one "free" from Metaquotes.

Anyway...

Alain Verleyen:

This system sucks.

Imagine I buy a product and install it on 3 computers, all with Windows 10. Each time there is a major update of Windows 10 I need 3 new activations. But I only get one "free" from Metaquotes.

Anyway...

You are so right! 
I will avoid future purchases using mql

Yes. And 1903 will be forced onto 1803 Windows 10 users. My Laptop just informed me that this will happen on 1st November. I plan on getting my credit card company to look into this as basically it may breach rules on selling products. The decent thing to do would be to have a simple check on the OS version and then allow 5 activations or whatever on that if it has detected a upgrade.

I found out how to avoid downloading big updates. In german it is "getaktete Verbindung" --> on. So Windows does not download.

You can find it in the ethernet options.

The service desk did not reply up to now. Really sad.

Files:
Ethernet_1.jpg  21 kb
Ethernet_2.jpg  28 kb

Hi all,

FYI, I applied some windows updates a few weeks back (not major Windows update which I had already installed) along with some third-party driver updates. After that my EAs wouldn't attach to my charts! Yes, deleting and reinstalling the Market EAs worked (however for some reason I have had to do this multiple times over the past couple of weeks), but I lost an activation each time I reinstalled! Now I have no activations left for some of my purchased EAs, even though I have only ever installed the Market EAs on TWO computers!

Have other users recently experienced similar issues?

Why is this happening on what seems a regular basis? Why does MT4 think it's a new computer when the OS gets updated?

More importantly, given this seems to be a very long-running issue, which will continue to be a problem in the future, what is MQL5 doing to remediate the issue (to ensure it doesn't continue to be an ongoing problem for users)?

Regards,

Paul

Surely other users have been impacted by this issue... I can't be the only one who's EAs 'broke' yet again after a recent Windows 10 update was applied?

MQL5 support / development teams need to address the ongoing EAs Market licensing issues (or at least reimburse proper number of activations). I've now had to reinstall my EAs multiple times, which means I no longer have any activations left for some of my EAs (even though I have only actually ever installed them on TWO platforms)!

The support on this issue is non-existent and an absolute disgrace! I have lodged tickets that simply get ignored and/or closed off without resolution. I was previously told that I had already been credited with additional licenses, but that is simply untrue (at least for most recent reinstallations due to Windows 10 update).

Who to lodge a complaint with... so real action is taken!

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you install it on the same computer, you will not be charged by another activation.

That's the whole point... it isn't suppose to use an additional activation, but it is each time! I've used up just about all my activations having to reinstall my EAs multiple times when they keen refusing to attach to charts due to workstation being seen as a new computer with Windows 10 updates!

Microsoft has released Windows 10 Version 1909. The exact same issue still exists where you are no longer able to attach EAs to charts after applying the latest update!!!

What are Metaquotes doing about this ongoing issue???!!!

The question -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to update Windows 10 so that activation of purchased utilities does not fail?

Ravil Ablikeev , 2019.10.24 18:55

Hello. Updated the Windows Pro 10 operating system to build 1903, after which the activations of the utilities were lost. Tell me, please, is there a possibility of updating Windows 10, without loss of activation.

The reply - 

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the reply!

Metaquotes are well aware of this issue and need to either fix it or allocate additional activations.

I can't believe I'm the only user affected by the most recent Windows 10 Version 1909 update.

I'm now in a situation where I can't even reinstall the market products as all my activations have been used due to multiple Windows updates! :(

Where do I escalate this issue to get it resolved?

Regards,

Paul

Reason: