How to safely upgrade my PC and keep all installed activations valid?

Hello, I have rather general question:

1. I buy some EA or indicator on MQL MARKET

2. I install an activation on my PC 

3. After some time, I will decide to upgrade my PC like CPU, Motherboard, add RAM memory, Hard Disk, etc etc (maybe Operational system as well)

4. Will all my activations be still valid? Or will I lose them? How the activations work exactly?

I really need to know this before I make any changes on my PC. 

I tried to find some exact information about this, but couldn't find it on mql website or forums. Is there any webpage / article that describe this in detail?

Thank you for help.

Mick 

brokers_test:

3. After some time, I will decide to upgrade my PC like CPU, Motherboard, add RAM memory, Hard Disk, etc etc (maybe Operational system as well)

4. Will all my activations be still valid? Or will I lose them? How the activations work exactly?

I tried to find some exact information about this, but couldn't find it on mql website or forums. Is there any webpage / article that describe this in detail?

Thank you for help.

Mick 

Here is my understanding...

If you upgrade your operating system you will loose your MQL5 activations.

If you change RAM, Hard Disk or graphics card you will not loose the activations.

I'm not certain what happens if you change your CPU or Motherboard. (Assuming you use the same OS Installation on the hard drive)

You might have to test this with a product that has $10 licenses

Official MQL response:

////////////////////// 

Hello,

Activations are bounded to PC's hardware and RAM. If you will change hardware (CPU, Motherboard, add RAM memory, Hard Disk, etc etc) or reinstall OS - activation would be lost.

That's why activations count is 5 minimum. 

///////////////////////  

Not very helpful though...anyone has better idea WHAT COMPONENTS exactly are bounded? E.g. adding RAM will definitely not affect activations - tested! 

Most likely the operating system.

Marco vd Heijden:
Most likely the operating system.
I believe they are bound to SID number, each Windows installation has its own SID number. Not 100% sure though. Just predictions, MQL5 won't be telling that or someone could abuse it. 

What is a SID number? (Based on Wikipedia for easier explanation)
A security identifier (SID) is a unique value of variable length used to identify a trustee. Each account has a unique SID issued by an authority, such as a Windows domain controller, and stored in a security database.

brokers_test:

Thank you for help.

Mick 

You'll loose your operating system.
Reason: