Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) released - activations for purchased Market products added

On May 21, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 May 2019 Update (Version 1903). This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect Market products, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. Unfortunately, the update will make the launch of installed and activated Market applications impossible. Such applications will require a new activation, because all products are bound to an operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809).

Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903). Activations of demo products will also be lost, you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

This is a fair customer service from Metaquotes. Thank you to the support.

After I updated windows 10 I reinstall the product but i lose 2 activation, can u help me

Hi,

me too. After I had to update to Windows 1903, I lost already 2 activations. I have bought more EAs, but I will lose activations here as well. So what can we do?

I wrote to service desk 2 days ago ... no reply yet.

I hope you find a solution for us.

Florian Riedrich:

Hi,

me too. After I had to update to Windows 1903, I lost already 2 activations. I have bought more EAs, but I will lose activations here as well. So what can we do?

I wrote to service desk 2 days ago ... no reply yet.

I hope you find a solution for us.

After each major Windows upgrade Metaquotes adds an extra activation for all purchased products.

Eleni Anna Branou:

After each major Windows upgrade Metaquotes adds an extra activation for all purchased products.

Hi,

I purchased a product. I know I activated it twice out of 10. When I re-download I am pretty sure there will be 7 activations left.

Florian Riedrich:

Hi,

I purchased a product. I know I activated it twice out of 10. When I re-download I am pretty sure there will be 7 activations left.

If you install it on the same computer, you will not be charged by another activation.

Does any one know if there is a way to remove an activation?

If I have a computer that I want to sell or  throw out the window,

Is there a way to first delete my files and terminals from the old machine and remove the activation from that machine/os pair and then reactivate on the new machine?

If I sell a product that I allow to be used on 5 machine/os combinations, can I remove and add back a machine/os and still maintain only 5 active machines?

I have clients that do not understand what to do with their activations when they change or cancel a vps. Surely they are reusable elsewhere? 

Does any one know. I have gotten no response from the service desk on past questions and see no reason to wait on an answer from them.

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you install it on the same computer, you will not be charged by another activation.

Hi Eleni,

thanks for reply.

When I try to install the product again, there will be one activation lost. And yes I used to use this product on the machine before... Are you sure not to lose an activation?

Florian Riedrich:

Hi Eleni,

thanks for reply.

When I try to install the product again, there will be one activation lost. And yes I used to use this product on the machine before... Are you sure not to lose an activation?

You will not lose an activation, if you haven't reinstalled Windows or your had any major Windows update on this computer.

If you had either of these conditions, you will lose one activation.

James Hodges:

Does any one know if there is a way to remove an activation?

If I have a computer that I want to sell or  throw out the window,

Is there a way to first delete my files and terminals from the old machine and remove the activation from that machine/os pair and then reactivate on the new machine?

If I sell a product that I allow to be used on 5 machine/os combinations, can I remove and add back a machine/os and still maintain only 5 active machines?

I have clients that do not understand what to do with their activations when they change or cancel a vps. Surely they are reusable elsewhere? 

Does any one know. I have gotten no response from the service desk on past questions and see no reason to wait on an answer from them.

Not possible. I proposed this solution 4 years ago, who cares...
Reason: