Why Doesn't MT5 synchronize imported tick data?

Hi all, I recently imported tick data on my MT5 but bars are not visible on the chart (I created a custom symbol for them). Looking at the log file I read data couldn't be synchronized. As far as I know the last improvements on MT5 included a much better module to avoid problems like this. Wher can I find the way to fix it? Thank you in advance.

Create bars from ticks.

Thank you for your response. How can that be done? My data file is provided as ticks.

landmeister:
Thank you for your response. How can that be done? My data file is provided as ticks.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Discussion of article "Creating and testing custom symbols in MetaTrader 5"

fxsaber, 2018.04.12 07:59

#property script_show_inputs

#include <fxsaber\ThirdPartyTicks\CustomSymbol.mqh> // https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/20225

// Generate M1-history from ticks
void OnStart()
{  
  MqlTick Ticks[];
  CUSTOMSYMBOL Symb;

if (Symb.IsCustom() && (CopyTicksRange(Symb.Name, Ticks, COPY_TICKS_ALL, 0, LONG_MAX) > 0))
  {
    Symb.AddTicks(Ticks);

Symb.CreateHistoryRates();

ChartOpen(Symb.Name, PERIOD_CURRENT);
  }
}
ThirdPartyTicks
ThirdPartyTicks
  • www.mql5.com
Third-party applications for MetaTrader 4 allowing to obtain a tick history from various sources have always been popular. This history is typically used in the Strategy Tester for checking the operation of Expert Advisors as well as for conducting research (such as machine learning, etc.). Some sources of quotes discussed by users have become...

I'll take a look on it. Thank you very much.

Hi fxsaber,

I tried it but there's an error on line 123. Can you please debug it?

landmeister:

Hi fxsaber,

I tried it but there's an error on line 123. Can you please debug it?

Just checked. Everything works correctly.

This is what the mql5 editor says:

Files:
error.JPG  155 kb

landmeister:

This is what the mql5 editor says:

Get the latest version here.

ThirdPartyTicks
ThirdPartyTicks
  • www.mql5.com
Исторически сложилось, что для MetaTrader 4 пользуются популярностью сторонние приложения, позволяющие получать тиковую историю из различных источников. Как правило, ее используют в Тестере Стратегий как полигон для проверки советников, а также для исследований (машинное обучение и т.д.). Некоторые источники котировок в обсуждениях стали почти...

Thank you very much. Sadly I downloaded the latest version but I'm having a problem when trying to run your script. I imported my tick data from TDS2 by using a CSV file. It was correctly imported but due to the synchro problem the chart window shows the message of 'Waiting for update' and I cannot run the script on it, obviously.

Any idea how can that be fixed?

landmeister:

the chart window shows the message of 'Waiting for update' and I cannot run the script on it, obviously.

You can run the script even on this window.

Reason: