Experts: Price Action EA - page 7

GFB:
I just ran some new reports on EURUSD with this new version with Trail Stop, just for recent years which were coming back bad (2010 til now)
Back Test comes back positive.
I set it to TP100, Trail Stop 25, Step Trail 25 (have to optimize).
Start $10K, Lot Size 0.5., Max loss $500 For this time period: Force Buys = $924K Force Sells = $950K
Again both directions very similar. Max Drawdown 7%

...To me it seems too good to be true...

Question, Im trying to upload it to my VPS to forward test but even though it shows on the ¨programs experts file¨, it doesnt show up on my mt4 icon...????...

Are your MT4 with version build 600?

GFB:
I just ran some new reports on EURUSD with this new version with Trail Stop, just for recent years which were coming back bad (2010 til now)
Back Test comes back positive.
I set it to TP100, Trail Stop 25, Step Trail 25 (have to optimize).
Start $10K, Lot Size 0.5., Max loss $500 For this time period: Force Buys = $924K Force Sells = $950K
Again both directions very similar. Max Drawdown 7%

...To me it seems too good to be true...

Question, Im trying to upload it to my VPS to forward test but even though it shows on the ¨programs experts file¨, it doesnt show up on my mt4 icon...????...

Are your MT4 with version build 600?

Yes, Im using it on MT4 version 600

Hodhabi, since you are suggesting starting it 1 hour after London start, and Im on the ¨other side¨, can you program a timer to it? use timer true/false timer start: 09:00 timer end : ??

Thanks!

Yes, Im using it on MT4 version 600

Hodhabi, since you are suggesting starting it 1 hour after London start, and Im on the ¨other side¨, can you program a timer to it? use timer true/false timer start: 09:00 timer end : ??

Thanks!

First of all my compliments in your designing what looks like an incredible EA.

I downloaded the EA couple of days ago, but it shows an ERROR 130 in the Experts Folder which says.........

"Error opening BUY order : 130"

Please be kind enough and let me know what to do next in order to get it to work.

Thanking you most sincerely,

First of all my compliments in your designing what looks like an incredible EA.

I downloaded the EA couple of days ago, but it shows an ERROR 130 in the Experts Folder which says.........

"Error opening BUY order : 130"

Please be kind enough and let me know what to do next in order to get it to work.

Thanking you most sincerely,

It was just what I was looking for. Good work !

With a little modification to work in both directions and a custom optimization, is perfect !

hodhabi, God bless you richly !

It was just what I was looking for. Good work !

With a little modification to work in both directions and a custom optimization, is perfect !

hodhabi, God bless you richly !

Hi Hodhabi,

Ran it today 1 hour after NFP...not good results...https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch72jgk0n5c8o6e/Price%20Action%20EA%20NFP%20Test.pdf

Questions :

* You mention it allows for a SL of 10 pips, but in this test it allowed only a 1 to 3 SL, took the loss and entered the other trend...isnt SL too tight?

* Even though there is a TP (I set it to 100) it closes the winners instead of letting them run...why?

* 49 trades in 7 hrs...normal?

Thanks for your guidance to keep on testing it

Hi Hodhabi,

Ran it today 1 hour after NFP...not good results...https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch72jgk0n5c8o6e/Price%20Action%20EA%20NFP%20Test.pdf

Questions :

* You mention it allows for a SL of 10 pips, but in this test it allowed only a 1 to 3 SL, took the loss and entered the other trend...isnt SL too tight?

* Even though there is a TP (I set it to 100) it closes the winners instead of letting them run...why?

* 49 trades in 7 hrs...normal?

Thanks for your guidance to keep on testing it

Reason: