Indicators: Harmonic Pattern Finder V3 - page 4

kelly0362002:

Hi, Andre, first up thank you very much for your replies above! Just curious: would it be possible for you to post an MT4 version of this harmonic indicator? Thank you!

Although it might be possible in a strictly literal interpretation of your question, I am not going to post an MT4 version and don't use MT4 either.

theonlybake:
hey i wanted to know if youd be able to send me a list of the harmonic patterns ratios used? i found it on the code but i'm not seeing anything like which ratios for which line in the pattern.

I don't have any further tabularization of the pattern ratios at hand other than what's in the code. Some of the ratios are adapted from this list though:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/246247202/All-Known-Harmonic-Pattern-Measurements-AetherAnalytics

Hello

how do I install and configure this indicator on MT5 ? Please assist.

mkhulully:

Hello

how do I install and configure this indicator on MT5 ? Please assist.

You either

• Download it directly from MT5's codebase explorer

This has the benefit that the program is configured automatically and added to your indicators in the 'Navigator'.

Alternatively, you can download the files from this site. Then you must:

• Place all the files in a subfolder of '{datafolder}/MQL5/Indicators'
  • Open 'HarmonicPatternFinderV3.mq5' in MetaEditor
  • Press 'Compile' in MetaEditor
MetaEditor is the MQL5 language editor which can be accessed from MT5's toolbar. The 'datafolder' is found by pressing 'File -> Open Data Folder'. So it is not different from any other indicator.

thank you very much, for the settings there is a panel or I have to edit the script?

Marco Scazzi:
thank you very much, for the settings there is a panel or I have to edit the script?

There is no panel, all the settings are given as inputs. If you want to store the settings either edit the script (file 'HPFGlobals.mq5') or save a template. After editing and saving changes to 'HPFGlobals', it is still the file 'HarmonicPatternFinderV3' that must be recompiled.

Hi Guys, did anyone modify the script to create an alert for each pattern?

thanks a lot

Sure, I´d like to use it on mt4 please!!!

First off let me say, great job on this indicator. I think i have found a potential calculation error with the Cypher pattern.

The one that is currently being drawn on my chart isn't reaching the correct point D, being the 78.6% retracement of the X to A leg.

Am i getting this correct or doing something wrong? All other legs look PERFECT :D. I have attached a screenshot

Files:
Capture.JPG  102 kb

Hi, Andre:

How do you take a trade when price is getting close to your chosen pattern? Do you just set your pending order right at ‘PRZ start’? Or do you use other techniques?

Also I notice price often doesn’t really get to ‘PRZ start’ exactly (meaning you may miss the entry), how do you cope with this?

Thank you for your time!

Shuo

Chris Allan:

First off let me say, great job on this indicator. I think i have found a potential calculation error with the Cypher pattern.

The one that is currently being drawn on my chart isn't reaching the correct point D, being the 78.6% retracement of the X to A leg.

Am i getting this correct or doing something wrong? All other legs look PERFECT :D. I have attached a screenshot

The cypher 78.6% retracement is measured from the X to C leg (since C exceeds A), which is the same on Nen-star too.

kelly0362002:

Hi, Andre:

How do you take a trade when price is getting close to your chosen pattern? Do you just set your pending order right at ‘PRZ start’? Or do you use other techniques?

Also I notice price often doesn’t really get to ‘PRZ start’ exactly (meaning you may miss the entry), how do you cope with this?

Thank you for your time!

Shuo

I set an alert at the PRZ start, a stop loss some ticks beyond the PRZ end, and generally execute manually inside but could also set a pending order at the exact PRZ level (in between the start and stop) if for some reason I can't observe the market. If the price doesn't reach the PRZ start it might be best to forget about that particular trade opportunity.

Reason: