Discussion of article "Visual strategy builder. Creating trading robots without programming" - page 2

Caladois974:
I understood why. I tested it in strategic testerI guess by buying the full version, it will work
No, there is no difference between the full version and the demo in terms of generated codes performance. 
Please, PM me more details. What you are trying to do and how you are doing it.

One of many points:
The restriction with 511 characters in #property description is ridiculous.
It should be at least 1024 characters.
Then a reasonable program description is possible,

Otto Pauser:

One of many points:
The restriction with 511 characters in #property description is ridiculous.
It should be at least 1024 characters.
Then a reasonable program description is possible,

How is it related to the visual strategy builder described in the article?

P.S. Try using multiple #property_description items to get as long total description as you need.

I wonder if it could be ever possible to 'import' an existing EA and then use your visual interface to build on top of it. 

I would think it's not feasible as so many possible ways to code an EA and parsing it would be a beast.

I worked on a product which offered a similar interface but based on BPEL specification. Basically, a controlled state machine which would execute the underlying code.

You GUI does look like a great project to build upon!! Congrats.

jazzthedog:

I wonder if it could be ever possible to 'import' an existing EA and then use your visual interface to build on top of it. 

I would think it's not feasible as so many possible ways to code an EA and parsing it would be a beast.

I worked on a product which offered a similar interface but based on BPEL specification. Basically, a controlled state machine which would execute the underlying code.

You GUI does look like a great project to build upon!! Congrats.

Hi,

thanks for your kind words.

No, I do not think that it will be ever possible to import any manually coded EA and then modify it via visual interface. 

This is an amazing project! Keep up the good work, Andrey!

Good morning Andrey,

Incredible, simple and intuitive, better than any EAs creation site I've ever seen on the internet.

Based on your idea I have a question.
Would it be possible, based on the same structure, to make an optimization automation system? In this way the programmer / user could leave several EAs optimizing in different periods and saving the .CSV files, greatly streamlining the optimization process and facilitating optimizing several different periods of time, making it easier to do a WFA.

Until I read an article about implementing automatic optimization based on common.ini and running through windows RUN, MT5 has that possibility, but I was not successful.

Could you do it? Would you like to do the freelance?

Joao Luiz Sa Marchioro:
Good morning Andrey,

Incredible, simple and intuitive, better than any EAs creation site I've ever seen on the internet.

Based on your idea I have a question.
Would it be possible, based on the same structure, to make an optimization automation system? In this way the programmer / user could leave several EAs optimizing in different periods and saving the .CSV files, greatly streamlining the optimization process and facilitating optimizing several different periods of time, making it easier to do a WFA.

Until I read an article about implementing automatic optimization based on common.ini and running through windows RUN, MT5 has that possibility, but I was not successful.

Could you do it? Would you like to do the freelance?

Hi,

I think it is doable, but I would not take this job.

Andrey.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New article Visual strategy builder. Creating trading robots without programming has been published:

Author: Andrey Barinov

Hi Andrey,

Thanking you so much with such a kind of fantastic brilliant "close to perfection" job.

It made me easier to implement my ideas of trading accordingly.

Greetings from a half globe away, Bantul, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Jodie Hank:

Hi Andrey,

Thanking you so much with such a kind of fantastic brilliant "close to perfection" job.

It made me easier to implement my ideas of trading accordingly.

Greetings from a half globe away, Bantul, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Thanks for the kind words.

Also, please do let me know if you have any idea how to make it “closer to perfection” :)
Reason: