How to run multiple Strategy Testers?

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are doing good.

I want wondering, when I started one strategy tester on my MT5 terminal, only one core of mt system was used. At the same time, I thought of testing the other Expert, but I cannot.

Using the reference from the documentation on starting a terminal I thought that it will start a separate terminal but it didn't and switch to the currently opened terminal.

terminal64.exe /config:myconfig.ini

I used the above command to run it. The following is my config file: 

[Common]

Login=10969229

ProxyEnable=1

ProxyType=0

ProxyAddress=121.0.0.1:3001

ProxyLogin=10

ProxyPassword=10

KeepPrivate=1

NewsEnable=1

CertInstall=1

[Charts]

ProfileLast=Default

MaxBars=50000

PrintColor=0

SaveDeleted=1

[Experts]

AllowLiveTrading=0

AllowDllImport=0

Enabled=1

Account=0

Profile=0

[Objects]

ShowPropertiesOnCreate=0

SelectOneClick=0

MagnetSens=10

;+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

;|  Running an EA and/or script on the specified chart at the platform start    |

;+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

[StartUp]

;--- The Expert Advisor is located in platform_data_directory\MQL5\Experts\Examples\MACD\

Expert=Examples\MACD\MACD Sample

;--- EA start parameters are available in platform_data_directory\MQL5\Presets\

ExpertParameters=MACD Sample.set

;--- The script is located in platform_data_directory\MQL5\Scripts\Examples\ObjectSphere\

Script=Examples\ObjectSphere\SphereSample

;--- Symbol chart, which will be opened when you start the platform, and EA and/or script will run on it

Symbol=EURUSD

;--- Chart timeframe, which will be opened when you start the platform, and EA and/or script will run on it

Period=M1

;--- The template to apply to a chart is located in platform_installation_directory\Profiles\Templates

Template=macd.tpl

;| Start Expert Advisor testing or optimization                                 |

[Tester]
Expert=Indicators\My Attempts\Indicator\dpo.ex5
Symbol=EURUSD
Period=1
DateRange=3
DateFrom=1527811200
DateTo=1530144000
Visualization=1
Execution=0
Deposit=10000
Currency=USD
Leverage=100
TicksMode=4
ProgramType=1
OptMode=-1
OptForward=0
OptCrit=0
OptFwdDate=1529342027

Now I do not understand whether multiple strategy testers can be used on the Metatrader5 or not? Kindly, help me.

I am not sure that it is your case but just in case :)
Hope it will be useful - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTester Agents won't start to work

Marco vd Heijden, 2017.09.18 21:04

Unfortunatly it is not possible to use virtualbox or virtual machines for this type of services.

Myql agent manager

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.18 05:47

For example - about the limitations:

• Tester agents/Remote agents/MQL5 Cloud Network agents‌/MetaTester 5 Agents Manager are no longer available for use in the 32-bit terminals: they can work only in the 64-bit systems: read more here 
  • Prohibition for using testing agents working on virtual OS in MQL5.Cloud - read more here

Myql agent manager

Alain Verleyen, 2017.09.18 19:27

Uncheck the "Active last day" on your mql5.com profile "Agents".

Sergey Golubev:

I am not sure that it is your case but just in case :)
Hope it will be useful - 

Thank you for your reply. But this is not what I am looking for. I want that my strategy tester must be available for multiple testing as there are many core and I want that each core should separately run different strategies for testing.

jaffer wilson:

Thank you for your reply. But this is not what I am looking for. I want that my strategy tester must be available for multiple testing as there are many core and I want that each core should separately run different strategies for testing.

You can run multiple instances of the platform in parallel (installed in separate folders), and test as many EAs as you want simulateously. Your bat- or cmd-files should respect the paths.

Stanislav Korotky:

You can run multiple instances of the platform in parallel (installed in separate folders), and test as many EAs as you want simulateously. Your bat- or cmd-files should respect the paths.

I tried it sir. But the problem is that it is using one core only and is not shifting to other cores as I see in the Agent tab of my Strategy Tester. It is overloading it and making the process go slowest.

jaffer wilson:

I tried it sir. But the problem is that it is using one core only and is not shifting to other cores as I see in the Agent tab of my Strategy Tester. It is overloading it and making the process go slowest.

Please, provide more info. Since you run terminal64.exe in your command, I suppose you have several folders with instances and should launch them with required settings. You should not run the same terminal multiple times because it locks many files in its folder. If you can use only 1 core among several instances of MT (if I understand correctly), there is something special in your environment.

Stanislav Korotky:

Please, provide more info. Since you run terminal64.exe in your command, I suppose you have several folders with instances and should launch them with required settings. You should not run the same terminal multiple times because it locks many files in its folder. If you can use only 1 core among several instances of MT (if I understand correctly), there is something special in your environment.

Let me tell you what I did.

I just copied the folder of my MT5 and pasted it with another folder name in the C:\\Program Files(86)\\MetaTrader1

Later i copied the necessary expert files in the respective folder of the MT5 which gets automatically created. Then I launched the terminal from the Metatrader1 folder and from the Metatrader folder, which was default for me.

Later on I found that I got 2 different terminals. When I tried using their respective Strategy Tester, they ran well, but were using the same core. Eventually, I lost my speed of process.

I hope that my scenario is clear now. Still, if you need any further explanation, do let me know.

jaffer wilson:

Let me tell you what I did.

I just copied the folder of my MT5 and pasted it with another folder name in the C:\\Program Files(86)\\MetaTrader1

Later i copied the necessary expert files in the respective folder of the MT5 which gets automatically created. Then I launched the terminal from the Metatrader1 folder and from the Metatrader folder, which was default for me.

Later on I found that I got 2 different terminals. When I tried using their respective Strategy Tester, they ran well, but were using the same core. Eventually, I lost my speed of process.

I hope that my scenario is clear now. Still, if you need any further explanation, do let me know.

I sent a reply earlier today giving my recommendation to solve your problem but it was deleted or some error by the server

Again. Search how to make MT5 portable with CPU affinity settings

Fernando Morales:

I sent a reply earlier today giving my recommendation to solve your problem but it was deleted or some error by the server

Again. Search how to make MT5 portable with CPU affinity settings

Sorry, but I do not know what you have replied. Can you please explain it here once again so that I ca see. I tried to follow  your suggestion but I could not see any result related to such query. Please make me understand what  can do.

Reason: