MQL5.community: authorization failed - page 13

2023.08.08 15:20:13.430 MQL5.community: authorization failed

2023.08.08 15:15:12.448 MQL5.community: authorization failed

2023.08.08 15:15:02.653 MQL4 Market: failed to load products (send request failed [12029])

2023.08.08 15:15:02.653 MQL4 Market: read from server failed

2023.08.08 15:15:02.513 MQL Base: failed connect to server

I am able to login in MT4 & MT5 terminal in New york DC VPS, but with same login detail login failed in London DC VPS, also in My PC in MT4 terminal login failed but in MT5 terminal login successful. i have tried all things like updating windows, internet explorer, resetting password, 8 character lengh password, reinstalling MT4, deliting MT4 community .dat file etc. but none work, can anyone help.

Sujeet Kumar #:

2023.08.08 15:20:13.430 MQL5.community: authorization failed

2023.08.08 15:15:12.448 MQL5.community: authorization failed

2023.08.08 15:15:02.653 MQL4 Market: failed to load products (send request failed [12029])

2023.08.08 15:15:02.653 MQL4 Market: read from server failed

2023.08.08 15:15:02.513 MQL Base: failed connect to server

I found my reply on one post (same issue):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL login problems

Sergey Golubev, 2023.07.02 08:53

There are many possible reasons for this "authorization failed" issue in Community tab of Metatrader so I mentioned some of them in theoretical point of view only, and you can select the correct reason by yourself
(because no one knows about your VPS, about how you login, and Windows system, about what VPS provider installed and so on - you know only about it).

------------------

1. Your login.
Some traders used email instead of login so please make sure that you are using correct login (login is not email).

------------------

2. Other situations.

2.1. Some external VPS providers were banned from the Market and/or from MQL5 internet portal.
2.2. Some VPS providers installed the security features on their servers/VPS'es for the users to be more protected in general.
2.3. Temporary ban from MQL5 (automatic block for 3 hours for frequent requests)

For all those cases - read the following blog post: Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403

------------------

3. Error 12029

As I have no idea about this error12029 so I went to google:
"Error "12029" is a WinHTTP error code that indicates that a socket connection failed because encrypted communication could not be established".

And it is some decision from Microsoft about how to fix it:

To resolve this problem, enable TLS 1.2 support on Windows 7. To do this, follow the guidance in the following Knowledge Base article, and then, restart the computer:
Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows

I am also is getting "socket connection failed" from time to time with my Windows 10 64-bit laptop when
I am making the messages in the channels in very quick way so I am waiting, restarting computer, and doing (making posts/messages) it once again (but slow way).
As to you so you can restart VPS or Metatrader 4 instances, or try tomorrow, or update your Windows.

read post for more reasons.
Can not download Software purchase
Can not download Software purchase
  • www.mql5.com
I purchased an EA. I can't download my purchase ,.The link to download does not work.Where is the right link to get my software...

Raman Deep Singh #:

Solution: Go to setting 

Security and Check "Control session by IP"

It will solve your issue, I was facing the problem from last 4 days I disable firewall it's works for 1-2 hour than again same problem but when I Checked "Control session by IP" after that My copy trading is working fine.

I just tried that but still having the same issue. After check the Control session by IP, did you restart the Windows?

I think I've found the bug that doesn't allow logging into the mql community on Linux. I've tried it in Ubuntu, both in MT4 and MT5 and it works (for me). And it's so absurd that it would make me laugh, despite the fact that I've been fighting with the problem for 5 hours...
The solution is to change the password to numbers and lowercase letters. If there are any capital letters, it will NEVER work. This is the error, I don't know why, but when capital letters are written in the password field, it automatically converts them to lower case and obviously, the password becomes wrong.
At least that's what worked for me. I hope it works for you too.
Good luck Traders!

davidabgeorge #:

I tried doing all this on both my laptop and VPS and it has not made any difference. It stubbornly refuses to login into MQL5. Both computers running Build 1260 of MT4 and version 11 of IE - 

Really appreciate your help trying to solve this - it is driving me nuts !
I really dont know where to go next with this - I have already tried changing my MQL5 password twice now.

Hi David, I'm having the same problem now. Did you resolve this issue?

L H #:

Hi David, I'm having the same problem now. Did you resolve this issue?

Yes, he solved this issue -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL5.community: authorization failed

davidabgeorge, 2020.05.20 20:07

Wow - it had to be something simple - but i dont understand why I have always been able to log into MQL5 from IE using my email address - this does not make sense to me. However I am indebted to you for your patience and understanding. Thankyou very much !
more - read post
MQL login problems
MQL login problems
  • www.mql5.com
Hi Have problems with login with my vps...

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic posts".
Reason: