vps on mac

Hi there guys,

i'm having serious headaches trying to link my mql5 account to my mt4.

for example i do not have the signals tab below my chart window.

i think that's because i have a mac pro.

now my question is this: if i use a vps i will be able to download expert advisor,indicators and signals directly from my mt4 platform?

or i will still face these issues?

if so what are your vps recommendations? 

ps: i cannot even use mql5 vps because it doesn't work when i click on it.

cheers.

Firstly how you install MT4 on your MAC? Using WINE or PlayOnMac?

You can rent a vps, from any providers to setup your MT4 platform. Then download "Microsoft Remote Desktop" from Apple's Apps Store. 

Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop to login to your vps server from your Mac Pro, from there you can download expert advisor, indicators and signal from Markets directly from your MT4 platform.

The vps service provided by MetaQuotes setup differently from conventional vps service provider, you should check the info here https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/manage-forex-vps

How to rent and manage the best forex hosting solution
How to rent and manage the best forex hosting solution
  • www.mql5.com
Launch the virtual hosting wizard (Navigator — trading account context menu — "Register a Virtual Server"). It automatically finds the access point closest to your broker and offers you several service plans. When using the service for the first time, you receive 24 hours for free. Now, you only have to set the data migration mode: indicators...

Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah:

You can rent a vps, from any providers to setup your MT4 platform. Then download "Microsoft Remote Desktop" from Apple's Apps Store. 

Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop to login to your vps server from your Mac Pro, from there you can download expert advisor, indicators and signal from Markets directly from your MT4 platform.

The vps service provided by MetaQuotes setup differently from conventional vps service provider, you should check the info here https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/manage-forex-vps

thanks for your answer muhammad, i'm going to buy a vps and install a MRD, its the easiest solution for me. cheers :)

mantarochen:

Hi there guys,

i'm having serious headaches trying to link my mql5 account to my mt4.

for example i do not have the signals tab below my chart window.

i think that's because i have a mac pro.

now my question is this: if i use a vps i will be able to download expert advisor,indicators and signals directly from my mt4 platform?

or i will still face these issues?

if so what are your vps recommendations? 

ps: i cannot even use mql5 vps because it doesn't work when i click on it.

cheers.

MacOS does not support the signals and does not support the Market.
As to the tab so the tabs related to the broker: 

Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah:

I got a similar question. 

Which credentials do I use to login to Microsoft Remote Desktop? Can the mql5 hosting services also provide the remote desktop connection? 

Maria Bergström:

I got a similar question. 

Which credentials do I use to login to Microsoft Remote Desktop? Can the mql5 hosting services also provide the remote desktop connection? 

There is no Remote Desktop.
Read this post for more information:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).

---------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS in MT5

MetaQuotes Software Corp. , 2019.11.25 09:50

VPS is also not supported in 32 bit versions of MetaTrader 5.

Sergey Golubev:

There is no Remote Desktop.
Read this post for more information:

Hi and thank you so much for the fast reply.. 

I´m a mac user.. I can´t rent a mql5 VPS in the cloud without using MRD? Can I ? 

Maria Bergström:

Hi and thank you so much for the fast reply.. 

I´m a mac user.. I can´t rent a mql5 VPS in the cloud without using MRD? Can I ? 

It is better to use Windows (64-bit for MT5 for example).

Take a look at the post #919 where I collected some information about MQL5 VPS (there are many particularities related ...)
How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...
Reason: