lot size

hi i would just like to know if 662 dollers can hold a lot size of 3.00

You can open demo account with few brokers using different leverage to see (to trade) is by yourself (it is free and no risk at all to descover for example).

Yes Sergey
It is variant from broker to another and from pair to another...
In addition, the leaverage can affect on this issue.
Hope I am right!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2017.03.28 08:27

As many people are asking about "How to open account with MT5" and "How to add the broker to MT5" so I want to remind the following links:

MetaTrader 5 HelpOpen an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS HelpOpening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad Help - Connecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android

how do i get set up from here

Sergey Golubev, 2017.01.09 05:52

Find a Server by the Broker's Name

Another convenient new feature of MetaTrader 5 is adding brokers' servers by their names. With the previous version, you had to contact your broker to find out the IP address of the trade server or download a special client terminal. Now, you simply enter the name of the broker. The system automatically finds the server with the specified name and adds it to the list.

Help for beginners

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.02 09:19

And some more usefull information:

How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

----------------

And this is the key article about Metatrader 5:

MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine! 

The development of MetaTrader 5 started in 2007. MetaTrader 5 was conceived as a revolutionary, multi-market platform that can run on Forex as well as on any other financial market. A lot of work has been done since then, and the result of this work is the platform that provides unlimited opportunities to traders. In this article, we will talk about all the key features of MetaTrader 5 and carry out a comparative analysis with the previous version of the trading platform.

Small but usefull thread about how to find the server by broker's name (to open free demo account or real money account): DAX Symbol

Mohammad Soubra:
Yes Sergey
It is variant from broker to another and from pair to another...
In addition, the leaverage can affect on this issue.
Hope I am right!

Yes, you are right.

That is why he needs to try to by himself by openning demo accounts with many brokers/leverage and try it for many pairs.
Or he can select the broker ...

As I remember (could not find it sorry) - there are few indicators on the CodeBase to evaluate the risk concerning the situation he explained for example.

You are rich in forex information Sergey
Good luck

Ntuthuko Khumalo: i would just like to know if 662 dollers can hold a lot size of 3.00

Meaningless question. Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the pair.

• You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency (EUR, in this case).
              MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers.
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5=0.1 Lots maximum.

I just traded 3 LOTS of EURUSD for 730$ but the price went to the opposite direction and i had a drawdown of 150$ so 730$+150$ =880$ 

Then price went back to its original direction and i made 135$ 

Also in my account i had more than the 880$ to evade the 80% Margin call that my broker puts

Long story short the answer is either no or yes depending on market direction/momentum/drawdown/and a lot of forex dependencies that is not useful to explain here since the answer contains at least 50% of the knowledge of how trading works so i hope i added a hands on useful information, the question is a bit wide i guess

If you found that you don't understand 2 things or more in this answer then you gotta read more about forex since the question itself will not give the full insight about how things work

Reason: