Kevinator Wins! Marathon trading - page 4

frank1800:
hi , started it on demo last Fridaygot signal on usd/jpy on Friday long but on sunday reverse I took it short had - 5 pips lostook usd/jpy long on sunday on Monday it was + 50pipsusd/cad was long on sunday but turned back pink on Monday -12 pipsit does change direction but the losses seem to be small for trading on daily chartstonight I will take usd/cad short and see what will happenwill post updates later I start a new position at the end off the day

I took the same signal as you on UJ, but was late both on entry and exit. Loss was -25. I didn't get the USDCAD signal. USDJPY is about +25 at the moment. I'm at +11% on the account after starting on the 10th, but I closed a few trades early after reaching some targets. If USDCAD closes up today we might get a long signal. Surely the effort required is minimum. We'll see...

Fridays are anyway not good days for trading, too sluggish. I trade live only Tuesday-Thursday. Mondays are dangerous because market crashes happens always on Mondays - that means they are planned.

Hermes

I am demoing GU, AU, and UCH. GU already closed for +101 pips and UCH doing +76 pips so far. AU is still even. On daily charts you have to wait even weeks for results. I will switch to H4 TFs later.

The TA1 & 2 are not really bad indicators.

Where is my brother Kevinator?

Hermes

Where did kevinator go?

One think that is very important is, do you look once or twice a day? When do you look? If you don't do this at the same time every day its just pure luck(not that luck is bad. hehe). But it will be very difficult to copy your trading. If you look once every time a new bar comes it make sense. But if you look again 6 hours later ohh the indicator from yesterday did change. Now I reverse the trade. Hope you get my drift......

the posts are turning helpful to me as well as i was not known with the reading system in discussion here .. but now i am

The best time to monitor the TA indicators is on start to trade and close of candle what is at NY market 9 am & 5 pm. Even more important is if e.g. both TAs are red check the weekly or even monthly trends before enter sell. You get less false signals.

Cheers Hermes

hermes777:
The best time to monitor the TA indicators is on start to trade and close of candle what is at NY market 9 am & 5 pm. Even more important is if e.g. both TAs are red check the weekly or even monthly trends before enter sell. You get less false signals. Cheers Hermes

Sound like a good idea. I am gonna make 3 different EAs that trade like this. One that just use daily and do the trading on closed bars. 2 look at the monthly to confirm and the 3 that look on monthly and weekly. I will set the stop to be yesterdays high/low. But I will follow the stops manualy to see if it looks to tight.

That will be good idea Smeden to do EA because it is annoying to look all the time on the charts. The EAs doesn't have to trade, only alert you when the conditions for sell/buy are right.

Buy trades AU and UCH are doing OK but EU turned against me, I had to close it at -75 pips. Both red TAs bars took me into sell trade and it was just pullback! TAs don't recognize retracement, be careful. The weekly trend is strong buy and the monthly is also week buy. Always, before entering the trade monitor also weekly and monthly chart - that's a must to save you from trading pullbacks (The pullback was only 25 pips). This will save you to trade against the trend. But when you hold on those few rules it is a good strategy.

Hermes

I just put temporary TP 100 and SL 100 pips. One TP 100 pips on GU already hit. The TP you can later move up manually and SL to BE+10 pips. SL is important when you are not watching and unexpected spike arises against you. Kevinator trade without SL what is not a smart idea and he jumps into all pullbacks also! You could put SL ATR x 2 in the EA. If the monitoring of the weekly and monthly trend could be put just in one EA will be good, but I don't know if it is possible, I don't understand coding.

Cheers Hermes

Unbelievable! AU, GU and UCH closed with +100 pips TPs and EU is also in plus with 13 pips because on weekly uptrend is building pullback or sideways trend. That one must be monitored because when pullback is finished probably uptrend will continue. When pullback on higher time frame we can scalp on lower time frame, e.g. weekly/daily TFs.

Cheers Hermes

Reason: