Kevinator Wins! Marathon trading - page 2

hi kevinator, Do You exit or Take profit once you saw one of the indicators turn purple?

or both or you only target 100 pips only?

i tested the indicators on the 1 minute charts and can tell you that it repainted 1 bar back and this happens on all time frames

Therefore if on monday the indicator turns green then on tuesday you enter a long trade,then on tuesday the price turns against you 100-200 pips and closes then the indicator from monday will change back to purple telling you that you should be still in the short from the previous week and you loose 100-200 pips.

please be aware of this as if a indicator repaints it will repaint on 1 minute or daily charts.

i would wait 1 bar after color change to enter the trade if the price has not moved to far,or to find a non repainting indicator.

When you look at the charts back in time they look great but remember the indicator can change color 1 day back and on daily charts that could be a lot of pips,however i will demo test for awhile and let you know my results.

Regards

Do you exit once the indicators turn purple:

Yes you exit and take the trade in the opposite direction.

Does this system repaint?

Yes, if you try and trade this system on the 1,5,15 30 1hr it will repaint.

Well why should we use it on the D1 if it repaints?

Our goal is to take the long trend for hundreds of pips. We are looking for 250 pips this week, These are pretty substantial trends so If we enter 10, 20 or 30 pips after the new trend starts it really does not matter as we are looking for 200 pips. If we exit 10,20,30 pips from the top does it matter as you just made 170 pips to get close to our weekly goal of 250 pips.

Repaint, Repaint warning to everyone!!!!!!!:

If you trade this system the way you want to I think you will lose. If you trade this system the way I have laid out time and time and time and time again then you will make your weekly total.

Will I have some losses:

Yes but if you trade the system as I have laid out then you will make your weekly total of 250 pips.

What are we doing here exactly?

We are on a long term trading project,,the 30 day plan and the yearly plan. Our goal is 1000 pips a month and 12000 pips for the year. We are trying to achieve this by trading only once a day.

Why should we not monitor the market all day?

We are taking human emotion out of the trade. We are trading like a EA,robot,algorithm and taking our emotion out of the equation..We have two possible outcomes..1 you will win the trade or 2 you will lose the trade.

What not to do:

We are not here to remake this system or even critique the indicators or how we are instructed to use them. We are not here to tweak the settings or make additions to the system.

What to do exactly:

Conduct yourselfs professionally on this research project. Open your platform on D1 and take a signal if there is one present, if not then we will close the platform and wait until the next day. If we take a trade we will make a post with the screenshot of the trade.

No trades today so far, still in my two trades from last week. I am sitting on the patio at starbucks and will now cut off this laptop and check tomorrow for a signal and update.

got a sell signal on usdjpy at the close of monday bar at 99.324 so i entered a short today tuesday,however the indicator repainted on sunday bar telling me to go short at 100.375 before the indicator was long now repainted to short therefore i am now entering this trade 100 pips lower after the repainting.

IF A INDICATOR REPAINTS ON A 1 MINUTE CHART IT WILL REPAINT ON A DAILY CHART (END OF STORY)so be aware of this guys will let you know how the usdjpy trade goes.

Regards

Hi Kevin ,

So if when either one of the trend analysis graphs change color, we enter and just reverse our positions every time one of them changes , is it right to assume that eventually we will have a position on every pair continuously ? If the trend indicator that gave the signal changes back to the original color as it was the previous day, do you just take the loss and reverse the position again?

Is there a reason you listed just specific pairs as I'm thinking that adding pairs would only increase the profit potential?

Does the advanced perpetual profits software have any bearing on this system?

Is there a reason to check the charts more than once a day, are we checking for signals that it might be better to close or reverse a position ?

There's nothing wrong with repainting indicators!

I'd prefer to take a small loss from a false signal than get in at the end of the trend with a huge stop from a lagging indicator.

Thanks,

Damien

Hi: hello, your website is very popular, I like it very much

Kevinator.!!!

Thank you very very much...

legendary...

kevinator, thanks for sharing. I'm always open to new ideas and yours looks appealing for many reasons. The indicator surely can repaint badly on the daily TF too as shown by my picture, and probably even after many bars have completed. That still doesn't mean the system cannot be profitable. A reply to dtd1881's questions would certainly help understand your strategy more...

Files:
Eurjpy.png  70 kb

On Forex Factory is also Kevinator (Hopwood?) M5 Retracement strategy. Is it you?

What means the 4 numbers around the price (right upper corner) and what function have the 2 HMA's on chart? You didn't explained that only the 2 Trend Analysis indicators. Also what use have the Advanced Perpetual Profit indicator for the strategy?

Thanks Hermes

Reason: