Kevinator Wins! Marathon trading - page 3

kevinator:
Do you exit once the indicators turn purple: Yes you exit and take the trade in the opposite direction. Does this system repaint? Yes, if you try and trade this system on the 1,5,15 30 1hr it will repaint. Well why should we use it on the D1 if it repaints? Our goal is to take the long trend for hundreds of pips. We are looking for 250 pips this week, These are pretty substantial trends so If we enter 10, 20 or 30 pips after the new trend starts it really does not matter as we are looking for 200 pips. If we exit 10,20,30 pips from the top does it matter as you just made 170 pips to get close to our weekly goal of 250 pips. Repaint, Repaint warning to everyone!!!!!!!: If you trade this system the way you want to I think you will lose. If you trade this system the way I have laid out time and time and time and time again then you will make your weekly total. Will I have some losses: Yes but if you trade the system as I have laid out then you will make your weekly total of 250 pips. What are we doing here exactly? We are on a long term trading project,,the 30 day plan and the yearly plan. Our goal is 1000 pips a month and 12000 pips for the year. We are trying to achieve this by trading only once a day. Why should we not monitor the market all day? We are taking human emotion out of the trade. We are trading like a EA,robot,algorithm and taking our emotion out of the equation..We have two possible outcomes..1 you will win the trade or 2 you will lose the trade. What not to do: We are not here to remake this system or even critique the indicators or how we are instructed to use them. We are not here to tweak the settings or make additions to the system. What to do exactly: Conduct yourselfs professionally on this research project. Open your platform on D1 and take a signal if there is one present, if not then we will close the platform and wait until the next day. If we take a trade we will make a post with the screenshot of the trade.

If it works consistently in a demo environment and just treat it like an everyday walk to your car... then you can do well with it.

I see a potential in that system but Kevinator (where is he now on Hawaii?) owes us better manual explanation because some indicators are not explained how they work as a team on that strategy.

That's a pity because just Trend analysis 1 & 2 are not enough. The Advanced Perpetual Profit, Profit Info and Entry1 & 2 looks like they are there put just by mistake.

Thanks Hermes

hermes777:
I see a potential in that system but Kevinator (where is he now on Hawaii?) owes us better manual explanation because some indicators are not explained how they work as a team on that strategy. That's a pity because just Trend analysis 1 & 2 are not enough. The Advanced Perpetual Profit, Profit Info and Entry1 & 2 looks like they are there put just by mistake.Thanks Hermes

I read it all again and those HMA's are explained but those other indicators not. The Advanced Perpetual Profit takes a lot of space on the chart if we could bust it off?: The 2 HMA's could be replaced with one Sane FX which is also excellent indicator. Less crowded chart. You have also some red arrows and X-ses on the charts and I don't. Now I am jealous!

Otherwise I like it.

Hermes

Just a pdf on the Perpetual. I don't know if it can be any help. At least we can understand what all the acronysms stand for...

The TA1 and TA2 are heavily lagging. The HMA's and RSI (10) with SMA 10 (one window) give faster signals for making entry decision. You lose more than 100 pips if you wait till TA's turn opposite colors!

Otherwise good strategy if refined.

Hermes

hermes777:
The TA1 and TA2 are heavily lagging. The HMA's and RSI (10) with SMA 10 (one window) give faster signals for making entry decision. You lose more than 100 pips if you wait till TA's turn opposite colors!Otherwise good strategy if refined. Hermes

Agree, but they could be fake and the TA doesn't turn, you could be burnt and the signal never appear. Probably better to use for exits. At worst you could always reenter...

Good idea use the TA's rather for exits. There have to by confluences by other indicators for entry. I am demoing it now and testing which indicators will suits the entries best.

Cheers Hermes

hermes777:
Good idea use the TA's rather for exits. There have to by confluences by other indicators for entry. I am demoing it now and testing which indicators will suits the entries best.Cheers Hermes

I'm sorry but it looks like I didn't make myself clear. I was meaning to use your suggestion for exits and TA's for entries. If we use early entries without considering TA's (which actually seem to be the core of the system), we risk to be in, while the TA's never gave any confirmation by disagreeing with the current trend. That would mean to open a position which has nothing to do with the original system. Entering with TA's could still give late and fake entries, if the indi repaints and turns around, but overall it seems to me that playing it on daily, sooner or later they would be overcome by the good ones. Now, imho, the real problem arises when it's about managing the trade (as in any strategy) i.e. exits on TA's can be late as well and leave quite some good pips on the table. But even that might level out in the long term. For sure a few more words by kevinator on the use of the other indicators would be welcome. From the open positions he showed, it appears he risks 7 minilots/$1000 per trade, but that doesn't say a lot and seems a bit aggressive to me, as we could have quite a few trades open at the same time. In 2011 he opened a thread on 5m trading on FF and then he abandoned it after a couple of weeks. He does seem to have good ideas, although I'm not really holding much hope he will be back after 2 months he hasn't posted...

alright you are alright! The TA's protect us from many false signals but just one TA's color turn is not enough, must both turn opposite colors. I am now testing the behavior on 6 pairs. Needs more time.

Where is hiding Kevinator?

Cheers Hermes

hi ,

started it on demo last Friday

got signal on usd/jpy on Friday long but on sunday reverse I took it short had - 5 pips los

took usd/jpy long on sunday on Monday it was + 50pips

usd/cad was long on sunday but turned back pink on Monday -12 pips

it does change direction but the losses seem to be small for trading on daily charts

tonight I will take usd/cad short and see what will happen

will post updates later

I start a new position at the end off the day

Reason: