The best trend indicator "SSRC" - page 8

i have downloaded this indicator on to a mt4 platform, however i just see a flat green line in the window, and does not replicate the over bought over sold indication at all, why is this?

i use mt4 platform, i downloaded the ssrc indictaor from this thread, how ever where all these screen shots clearly show over bought over sold levels i just recieve one single flat ine on the bottom of the indicator window, why is this indicator doing this to me?

kirt:
i have downloaded this indicator on to a mt4 platform, however i just see a flat green line in the window, and does not replicate the over bought over sold indication at all, why is this?

I have the same challenge sb help

I added this to my charts and looked back and thought it was amazing. Then I watched it live and saw how it repaints more than ANY other indi I have seen - can't see how anyone would get any benefit from this!!

Even after I changed the settings to tighten it up it lags so much it is useless.

skuncham:
Can some one confirm the usage of SSRC indicator?

I use this indicator exclusively on 10 box size RENKO charts and buy/sell when it crosses -0.8/0.8. I modified the signal to only see the -0.8, 0 and 0.8 levels. It never repaints on RENKO charts.

I forgot to say that you need to recompile the indicator each time there is a major upgrade to the MT4 platform.

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Please, could you convert SSRC .rar indicator to mql indicator and send it to bumskynwabufo@yahoo.com

thank you for sharing  this indicator....

zotopec:

I am extremely sorry for not following this thread or I would have responded earlier. SSRC does repaint ... so it should not be used as an entry indicator. For aggressive style of trading ... it should be used as a filter when it crosses 0 level up or down ... if it crosses up the bias is set to bullish so you could use your entry levels to go for it. On a cautious note, you could wait for SSRC to settle down above 0.90 or below -0.90 level and then take the trade ... all the repainting happens when it is changing sides. For entry CCI parameter 26 crossing zero line should be a good and authentic entry ... I hope it says it all.

Does it recalculate the past or only recalculates the present candle. According to me, if it only repaints the present candle and doesn't affect the previous candles, it is not repainting. The same way all the built in mt4/5 indicators ain't. Therefore, you have to allow it close the present candle before making any entry. You can equally test it on the visual tester to ascertain the extent to which it repaints. Thanks.  

I have tested in a visual tester. 
Results: it repaints 2 to 3 bars . it isn't s very serious case though if you search online, we have the non repaint versions. The difference is that they lag a little. 
Reason: