The London Open - page 31

Market should get moving now as I have to go out for the remainder of the day.....May the pips be with you.

Rock

I hope it wont be offtopic but while market is not moving much I would like to ask something regarding spread on gold.

I trade with Oanda and my spread is 40.As I dont trade gold at the moment but will start soon I would be interested if thats reasonable spread or there are better offers with other brokers.

Thanks.

Hi all

Its dead out there.. I know a few of you like cable and eurusd down..

Yes they are setup well for a down move but GOLD is the referee. He brings the ball to the court. Patience but i can see the potential!!!

Good luck in a dead market. Its teasing...

Watch crude as that can drag GOLD

Dan007

Files:
eurusd77.gif  50 kb
gold77.gif  52 kb

Hi Kennard

My spread on gold with IG is 5 pips, I presume you mean 0.40, so 4 pips.

Kennard:
I hope it wont be offtopic but while market is not moving much I would like to ask something regarding spread on gold. I trade with Oanda and my spread is 40.As I dont trade gold at the moment but will start soon I would be interested if thats reasonable spread or there are better offers with other brokers.Thanks.

Wow, Kennard, 40 pips!

I usd Capital Spreads and the spread on Gold is 5. Think you need to change.

RS

OMG 5 pips is very good.

As I said/wrote I dont trade gold and only recently I checked what is the spread.

Figures from Oanda platform now:buy @885.30 sell @ 884.90 so unfortunately its 40 pips .

Thats 4 pips. Gold is different. your spread is 0.40 of a $/ounce, so if you placed an order for £10.00 , you would start at -£4.00. If you see what I mean. Check it out with Onanda to be sure.

Hi Kennard,

I'm with ChrisFX on this one. Gold is annoying, you have to move the decimal place one to the left to get the price.

I think your spread is ok, but as ChrisFX says, best to check it out with Oanda, you don't want to trade if it is 40 pips.

RS

$1 with Crude is 100 pips, where as with Gold $10 is 100 pimps.

Since it's not moving, no matter 40 pips or 4 pips spreads, it's not worth throwing your money at.

Long crude from $134.50 anyone ?? Not for me, I'd rather go bird watching for dodo's. :{

Well, Idont know whether my brain is not working but when I opened order for 100 units (1pip is worth $1) on demo account I started with -40 pips loss and that was -$40.

Here is the reply from Oanda's chat :

"OANDA: if you bought 100 units of gold you would pay 40 pip spread which = $40"

Reason: