The London Open - page 157

Good morning all

A good end to the week with many of you making between 50 and 120 pips.

I got the least amount of pips in CABLE at 50 but still happy with that. The guys in the room completely destroyed me with 30 to 40 more as i waited for the break below 50!!! Maybe you can help me out next time and share your pips...

Some took GBPJPY and CABLE together and nailed over 100 pips!!!

You now know what i am looking for in CABLE, GBPJPY and EURUSD longer term. 1000s of pips to come our way over the next couple of weeks swing trading.

I hit EURJPY on break of support as explained in the room and great to see alot of u are in this trade. I see some of u have already banked 50% at 25 pips and u should be up another 50 pips now on the balance.

Well done guys and got some great pips in the bank. Another 100 pip day and glad to see so many of u getting there.

Speak to u later.

D

Files:
eurusdt2w.gif  18 kb
cablet2w.gif  19 kb
gbpjpyt2w.gif  20 kb

EURUSD short through break...

As explained in the room i will be holding the balance now (50%) after banking 40 pips on this.

I like EURUSD lower. Just look at the charts...By banking 50% i can widen my stop out and run this for a bit.

D

A great afternoon all round.

Well done.

Ok i am off and see u all on monday.

D

Just come back after a week working away from home. Still short with eurgbp. Been in since just below 0.9500. Been slowly moving my stop lower over the past couple of days and currently still holding with s/l at 0.9050 (above the daily 20). Was hoping for a break lower below 0.8750 but this looks like a bit of challenge at the moment. Think I will review the position early next week and decide my next move. Would really love this trade to break 0.8500, but we can only dream. Worried about the daily 21 cci though as this suggest to me a bit of consolidation is on the cards. We shall only see in the fullness of time.

Need to be less distracted by all this talk of chocolate sticks and photocopiers. Things getting too hot for me here (and my chocolate is melting too fast).

Executive Travel Rockie

p.s. a small share tip. Sell or go short BA stock. This airlines current performance is lacklustre and can only lead to reduced passenger numbers. Lets see shall we.

Hi Rockie

Where did you go Bali or Bognor? You're so classy, I bet you've even got one of those little travel toothbrushes in it's own real plastic case. Did you raid the mini-bar in your executive hotel and pinch all the little soaps from the bathroom? Bet ya did.

I don't get to go on exotic executive freebies, the most excitement I get at work is a free Easter egg with the stationery order. Hey ho. How the other half live eh.

Glad you're still trading.

Travel Lodge RS

rollingstone:
Hi Rockie Where did you go Bali or Bognor? You're so classy, I bet you've even got one of those little travel toothbrushes in it's own real plastic case. Did you raid the mini-bar in your executive hotel and pinch all the little soaps from the bathroom? Bet ya did. I don't get to go on exotic executive freebies, the most excitement I get at work is a free Easter egg with the stationery order. Hey ho. How the other half live eh. Glad you're still trading. Travel Lodge RS

Got to admit it it was business class and yes I do rather enjoy filling up on freebies! On the mini-bar front that still remains aspirational; got to be seen to be prudent in these hard economic times. Having said that it is much easier to go get bladdered with a client and expense the meal (oh my favourite) and the beers and wine. Shame my executive assistant keeps eating all the goodies herself - obviously she thinks having her face constantly deformed by chewing overlarge mouthfuls looks sexy!

Where's CABLE going? It looks like last year is beginning to repeat iteself. Some early year moves, clear direction and then consolidation while the next moves are developed.

RS - you can always upgrade to a Premier Inn but make sure you have pips in the tin first!

Minibar free Rockie

rockdrive:
Shame my executive assistant keeps eating all the goodies herself - obviously she thinks having her face constantly deformed by chewing overlarge mouthfuls looks sexy! Minibar free Rockie

Mental note to self...

Don't eat lunch like ravenous hamster.

Not sexy.

Thanks Rock - life coach, trading guru, rugby boy - what would we do without you.

Refined RS

PS GBPUSD trade what you see boy, trade what you see.

Good evening all

Trust you had a good weekend... Very relaxing here and can't wait to start pip hunting tomorrow morning.

I feel a good week ahead with how the charts are lining up.

See you in the morning.

D

PS That little mouse in my house won a couple of battles but lost the war!!! Finally!!!

Dan007:
Good evening all Trust you had a good weekend... Very relaxing here and can't wait to start pip hunting tomorrow morning. I feel a good week ahead with how the charts are lining up. See you in the morning. D PS That little mouse in my house won a couple of battles but lost the war!!! Finally!!!

Great game - you need a small air pistol.177 should be fine with a small laser site. As good as hunting pips. Put your deer stalker on and appropriate stealth footwear. Don't eat the kill though. Not tasty!

Native Rockie

Good morning all

Trust you had an enjoyable weekend

Plenty of sport to keep me happy!

CABLE

• 4hr chart still suggests CABLE is retracing in an uptrend

• Large support at 1.4650 leve

• Technically with GBP looking so weak I will need to see a double bottom or higher low on 60min chart before I can consider a long play

• In the medium term I will only be looking for a long play on the break back above the 4hr 20ma with a 123

• After heavy selling in Asia it is best to be patient and wait to sell again using the 60min 20ma as resistance

• Looking for GBP to weaken around the 1.4775/80 level with stop above 1.4810 targeting low 1.4700

EURUSD

• Still holding short position from Friday. This has potential to move to 1.260

• After heavy selling in Asia again it is best we are patient and wait to sell again using the 60min 20ma as resistance

• Looking for EUR to weaken around the 1.3025 level with stop at 1.3055 targeting 1.2950

EURGBP

• Still short but market been very flat for the last few trading days

• Watch for any break of the 4hr 20ma and a solid 123 on the 60min chart before any long play

JPYs

• Looking for USDJPY to weaken however it hasn’t managed to move from this area so best to reduce risk on this on

• Lets wait for a 99.00 bid with stop at 99.30 targeting mid 98.00

• GBPJPY and EURJPY will follow

Have a good day

Dan

Reason: