Trendline Break Executor - page 5

Not that new to fx or trading, but this time around I'm-

• a little more serious
  • a lot more cautious ;-)

This is a good site-

I've already found what I was looking for (an EA trendline alert).

Eventually I will need a custom version, but first I'll need some more $$$.

Thanks

mtntgr

hello ,

i forgot to tell you good evening

regards

hwyhazard1:
For some reason, I can not get this EA to work. I made a trend line and named it tx. Then I attached the EA to the same chart and did not get a buy or a sell when the price crossed the trendline. I put the EA in the expert advisor section and not the scripts section. Any suggestion?

Hello forum, newbe here

just wanted to remind you to press F7 and check your four boxes under

common enable,allow,allow,allow I still miss that sometimes when trying

something new. Also, I think the correct place to name the trendline

is to right click on the line and under trendline properties, set the 'name'.

regards

Obviously I'm new here, But this is interesting.

Can someone Please tell me how to name a trendline?

I'm not familiar with how to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help given!!!

Mr Chips

hello every body

magidkaramy:
hello every body

Hello and welcome

FerruFx

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but not to Forex. I have used EA's a little and I am in no way a programmer. However I have always wished there was some way to trade EA's off of trendlines, so thank you very much Scorpion.

Mr Chips: To name a trendline you need to select it by double clicking on it and then right clicking on it and selecting "trendline properties" then you can rename the "name" field to tx or whatever you want. P.S. you can only have 1 trendline named tx at a time per chart.

Scorpion, do you think there is a way to open a limit order when a trendline is hit? Also is it possible to set a stop loss and or Take Profit on an existing order when the price reaches a trendline? I hope that makes sense.

Again thank you for this forum, and I will contribute where I can.

PipDetective

try to open but it doesnt work

hello everyone, haven't heard from mr. scorpion for awhile. it would be interesting if somebody can modify the EA to combine the trendline breakout and say stochastic to execute an order.

say like;-

1. trendline breakout and stochastic less than 75% = open buy order

2. trendline breakout and stochastic above 75% = open sell order (reversal in price)

3. trendline breakout and stochastic less than 25% = open sell order

4. trendline breakout and stochastic below 25% = open buy order (reversal in price)

the idea is to ensure there is sufficient price movement for an order to execute.

thanx.

correction.

item 2 should be:-

2. trendline breakout and stochastic above 25% = open sell order

the two trendlines and in combination with stochastic indicate the extreme where either buy or sell and price reversal order are to be executed by the EA.

thank you again.

Reason: