Trendline Break Executor - page 6

here the usdjpy sample chart for the proposal

Files:
usdjpy.gif  29 kb

I do not hear an alert sound when trendline is broken.Why is that? The trendline is labled tx and the advisor input on the chart (trendline break appears on top right of chart) but still no sound

Is there an EA now that automatically draws a diagonal trendline (based on one of the methods below)?

scorpion:
Sounds good, but the automatic trend line is not easy to code. Drawing trend lines is not so difficult, but choosing one for trading is very difficult. At any given moment, there're more than one trend lines. We sometimes draw short-term line several bars apart, but some other times we draw long-term line 50 to 100 bars apart. Some people draw from congestion point to another, while others draw from lowest/highest point to another lowest/highest point. In brief, it's too subjective for computer to decide. That's why we need to draw it manually. You have the freedom to define your own line whether it is flat, up, or down. And this EA will sit and trade the breakout for you.

Hi everyone!

Great forum you have here, very informative and friendly. I am new to this site and have been searching for this very type of EA, but I am confused about how to set this up. If I am looking to execute a sell order when price crosses below my trend line, what are SellStop_StepUpper and SellStop_StepLower used for? Is there someone who can do a screen shot of these actually on a chart so I can see how they are used? I have the EA downloaded and can apply it to my charts with no problems, but it is not executing a trade when my trend lines are crossed and I believe that it is because I don't have these options set up properly.

Thanks for any help!

bossxero:
Hey GuysHere is a new EA which will trade breakouts and trendlines in both direction. Trendlines should be drawn manually. The EA was coded by Waddah Attar and obtained from mql4.com.Just draw Trend Up or Trend Down before the Expert Advisor "TrendMeLeaveMe" start. Set properties, run expert and go to sleep or work.This expert does not work automatically. You must draw trend up, trend down or horizontal trend. Name it buystop or sellstop , set BuyStop_StepUpper, BuyStop_StepLower, SellStop_StepUpper and SellStop_StepLower Properties.When price enter area between your buystop trend and BuyStop_StepLower, expert will open buystop order at Price BuyStop_StepUpper. When price enter area between your sellstop trend and SellStop_StepUpper, expert will open sellstop order at Price SellStop_StepLower.The expert will always modify OpenPrice to both orders when the price walks with the trends Until Price goes out Previuos area.You can set BuyStop_StopLoss , BuyStop_Takeprofit and BuyStop_Lot to buystop. You can set SellStop_StopLoss , SellStop_Takeprofit and SellStop_Lot to sellstop.Hope that helps

Hi Scorpion

I have been searching a long time for an ea like trendlineorder but I can not get the ea to trade. I have labled my trendline tx and enabled common parameters, any idea why it is not working for me?

Many thanks

dr d

Hi, folks!

This is my first post since I am a new member of this site. Nice impressions so far! Hmm... I have tried everything to make this "Trendlineorder" EA to work out for me but unfortunately this EA just refuses to execute any trades. I really hope someone can explain for me what´s wrong. I will quite simply type down all my MT4 setting/inputs and if anyone of you guys notice something suspicious about my setting just let me know.

Navigator window/Expert Advisors/TrendlineOrder (place where I installed the TrendlineOrder EA)

Trendline properties: name "tx"

under Parametrs section there is a square "Ray" which is ON

Expert advisors Options under tools section: Enable EA is ON

Disable experts when account/profile is changed is ON

Allow live trading is ON

The rest of settings is set on OFF in that window

TrendlineOrder properties/F7

COMMON section: Only short positions since I ploted trendline on the lows in the uptrend.

Allow live trading is ON

The rest is OFF including "Enable alerts" which was actually ON by default but I tried either way and it doesn´t work.

INPUTS section: Apart from Lots size, Take profit and Stop Loss I have not changed anything at all. NB! The lot size is set on 0.1 since I am trading miniaccount. Can this be the villain of the piece?

ALERT is set on OFF because I only want to execute a trade and the sound/alert really doesn´t matter besides it is OFF/false by default.

And now to the tricky part of it.. if I look under Journal section (Terminal window) when everything is set up it says "loaded successfully!"

Even more strange is that under Experts in the Terminal window I can clearly see that EA is adjusting price with every new candle forming since the trendline is diagonal but when price hit my defined trendline nothing happens and no trades is executed.

Thats it! I will be pleased for any assistance or help to solve this puzzle.

Best Regards,

Artur

It is not a hard thing to build, but a trend-line break is usually a very weak signal. Better to enter after A PULLBACK.

ContraTrader:
It is not a hard thing to build, but a trend-line break is usually a very weak signal. Better to enter after A PULLBACK.

Well nothing works 100% of the time ContraTrader. I have successfully worked with trendlines and made a lot of $$$ entering on the break of trendlines but that doesn´t mean I am plotting trendlines all over my charts and entering on every break of trendline. You have to know where to plot them as well as when buying pullbacks you have to know when the pullback is over.. Is it always working with pullbacks?? Of course not! Another low/high may be created and ..BANG.. you are taken out!

Come on guys! Is this forum dead or something? There is at least 4 guys including me who have said in comments that this TRENDLINEORDER isn´t working out for them... If it is so easy to build why it is not working out for so many? Scorpion, I appriciate your work but could you give us a hand here? Havn´t seen you around in this thread for a long time now. I really need this thing and I believe many others would appriciate that too.

Have a nice day

hello, i'm ahkam.

is someone help me out with how to draw a trendline on mt4.

RobertM:
correction.item 2 should be:-2. trendline breakout and stochastic above 25% = open sell orderthe two trendlines and in combination with stochastic indicate the extreme where either buy or sell and price reversal order are to be executed by the EA.thank you again.

thank a lot RobertM. it seem a couple of things i should work it out first. thank again for the info.

Reason: