Properties window in MT5 - please make simpler

To add comments, please log in or register
rosspet6
rosspet6  
Hi guys,

In MT4, double-clicking on an object (for example, on a trendline, on a fib channel, etc.) opens the pop-up properties window where we can change the object properties (for example, color, line thickness, etc.). 
In MT5, in order to open the same object properties window, I need to right-click on the object, then move the cursor over the properties line and then left-click on it; i.e. 2 clicks separated by a cursor move... Double-clicking, as in MT4, is so much easier and simpler...  Why is this not possible in MT5? Or am I not doing something correctly?

Another thing, which is even move complicated, is the choice of a timeframe (the Visualization tab). By default, all the timeframes are selected. Why? When drawing a channel on a M5 chart (for example), I want it to be visible only on M5 (not the other timeframes...). In order to do this, I need to uncheck all the other timeframes.... and in MT5 they are many... Many clicks just to make the channel visible on the timeframe which I am currently on... the M5 frame. Why? Can things not be made simpler?
Is there a way to have all these timeframes (who is using all timeframes anyways...?) unchecked by default?

I know it is not you guys who design these things but maybe somebody from MQ is reading this forum and taking feedback...
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
rosspet6:
Hi guys,

In MT4, double-clicking on an object (for example, on a trendline, on a fib channel, etc.) opens the pop-up properties window where we can change the object properties (for example, color, line thickness, etc.). 

Never seen that. Are you sure ?

In MT5, in order to open the same object properties window, I need to right-click on the object, then move the cursor over the properties line and then left-click on it; i.e. 2 clicks separated by a cursor move... Double-clicking, as in MT4, is so much easier and simpler...  Why is this not possible in MT5? Or am I not doing something correctly?

As far as I know, MT4 and MT5 are working the same in this regard.

Another thing, which is even move complicated, is the choice of a timeframe (the Visualization tab). By default, all the timeframes are selected. Why? When drawing a channel on a M5 chart (for example), I want it to be visible only on M5 (not the other timeframes...). In order to do this, I need to uncheck all the other timeframes.... and in MT5 they are many... Many clicks just to make the channel visible on the timeframe which I am currently on... the M5 frame. Why? Can things not be made simpler?

You are right, it's very impractical when you really need to use it.

Is there a way to have all these timeframes (who is using all timeframes anyways...?) unchecked by default?

I don't think it's possible.
I know it is not you guys who design these things but maybe somebody from MQ is reading this forum and taking feedback...

You should write to ServiceDesk.

EDIT: Thanks to kypa, I saw you was right.
kypa
kypa  

You can write an expert to uncheck the timeframes for you. You can probably write something for the object properties as well.

In MT4 the pop-up on double click is dependent on settings in tools/settings/objects.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
kypa:

You can write an expert to uncheck the timeframes for you. You can probably write something for the object properties as well.

In MT4 the pop-up on double click is dependent on settings in tools/settings/objects.

What settings are you using to open the window properties with a double-click ?
kypa
kypa  
'Select with a single click' should be checked. Then when object is not selected a double click selects it and opens its properties.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
kypa:
'Select with a single click' should be checked. Then when object is not selected a double click selects it and opens its properties.
Right. Thanks, I learnt something today :-)
rosspet6
rosspet6  
Alain Verleyen:
Never seen that. Are you sure ?
As far as I know, MT4 and MT5 are working the same in this regard. You are right, it's very impractical when you really need to use it. I don't think it's possible.

You should write to ServiceDesk.

EDIT: Thanks to kypa, I saw you was right.

@Alain Verleyen:

I cannot find a link to the ServiceDesk in my profile. I tried also searching the forum for links but no luck.

Could you please guide me how to contact ServiceDesk.

Eleni Anna Branou
Eleni Anna Branou  
rosspet6:

@Alain Verleyen:

I cannot find a link to the ServiceDesk in my profile. I tried also searching the forum for links but no luck.

Could you please guide me how to contact ServiceDesk.

https://www.mql5.com/en/contact

To add comments, please log in or register