Properties window in MT5 - please make simpler

Hi guys,

In MT4, double-clicking on an object (for example, on a trendline, on a fib channel, etc.) opens the pop-up properties window where we can change the object properties (for example, color, line thickness, etc.). 
In MT5, in order to open the same object properties window, I need to right-click on the object, then move the cursor over the properties line and then left-click on it; i.e. 2 clicks separated by a cursor move... Double-clicking, as in MT4, is so much easier and simpler...  Why is this not possible in MT5? Or am I not doing something correctly?

Another thing, which is even move complicated, is the choice of a timeframe (the Visualization tab). By default, all the timeframes are selected. Why? When drawing a channel on a M5 chart (for example), I want it to be visible only on M5 (not the other timeframes...). In order to do this, I need to uncheck all the other timeframes.... and in MT5 they are many... Many clicks just to make the channel visible on the timeframe which I am currently on... the M5 frame. Why? Can things not be made simpler?
Is there a way to have all these timeframes (who is using all timeframes anyways...?) unchecked by default?

I know it is not you guys who design these things but maybe somebody from MQ is reading this forum and taking feedback...

rosspet6:
Hi guys,

In MT4, double-clicking on an object (for example, on a trendline, on a fib channel, etc.) opens the pop-up properties window where we can change the object properties (for example, color, line thickness, etc.). 

Never seen that. Are you sure ?

In MT5, in order to open the same object properties window, I need to right-click on the object, then move the cursor over the properties line and then left-click on it; i.e. 2 clicks separated by a cursor move... Double-clicking, as in MT4, is so much easier and simpler...  Why is this not possible in MT5? Or am I not doing something correctly?

As far as I know, MT4 and MT5 are working the same in this regard.

Another thing, which is even move complicated, is the choice of a timeframe (the Visualization tab). By default, all the timeframes are selected. Why? When drawing a channel on a M5 chart (for example), I want it to be visible only on M5 (not the other timeframes...). In order to do this, I need to uncheck all the other timeframes.... and in MT5 they are many... Many clicks just to make the channel visible on the timeframe which I am currently on... the M5 frame. Why? Can things not be made simpler?

You are right, it's very impractical when you really need to use it.

Is there a way to have all these timeframes (who is using all timeframes anyways...?) unchecked by default?

I don't think it's possible.
I know it is not you guys who design these things but maybe somebody from MQ is reading this forum and taking feedback...

You should write to ServiceDesk.

EDIT: Thanks to kypa, I saw you was right.

You can write an expert to uncheck the timeframes for you. You can probably write something for the object properties as well.

In MT4 the pop-up on double click is dependent on settings in tools/settings/objects.

kypa:

You can write an expert to uncheck the timeframes for you. You can probably write something for the object properties as well.

In MT4 the pop-up on double click is dependent on settings in tools/settings/objects.

What settings are you using to open the window properties with a double-click ?

'Select with a single click' should be checked. Then when object is not selected a double click selects it and opens its properties.

kypa:
'Select with a single click' should be checked. Then when object is not selected a double click selects it and opens its properties.
Right. Thanks, I learnt something today :-)

Alain Verleyen:
Never seen that. Are you sure ?
As far as I know, MT4 and MT5 are working the same in this regard. You are right, it's very impractical when you really need to use it. I don't think it's possible.

You should write to ServiceDesk.

EDIT: Thanks to kypa, I saw you was right.

@Alain Verleyen:

I cannot find a link to the ServiceDesk in my profile. I tried also searching the forum for links but no luck.

Could you please guide me how to contact ServiceDesk.

rosspet6:

@Alain Verleyen:

I cannot find a link to the ServiceDesk in my profile. I tried also searching the forum for links but no luck.

Could you please guide me how to contact ServiceDesk.

https://www.mql5.com/en/contact

kypa:

Doesn't work at all. When "select with a single click" is selected in the Options menu, a double click does absolutely nothing whether the object is selected or not.

Unbelievable that this feature is removed in MT5.

Reason: