Experiments ... - page 69

TEMA and Stepma: great balls of fire ): Looking forward to this!

grtz Forexblasters

mladen:

The smoothed Ehlers fisher transform with the additional parameter of min/max smoothing weight (it can produce some interesting results)

Dearest M
mladen:

The smoothed Ehlers fisher transform with the additional parameter of min/max smoothing weight (it can produce some interesting results)

mladen:

2016.06.28 #338

mladen:

Dearest Mladen Sir,

Can you please code MTF version of this Ehlers Fisher Transform - Smoothed 1.01

I will be verymuch thankful to you,

babumsj2gmailcom:
Dearest M

2016.06.28 #338

Dearest Mladen Sir,

Can you please code MTF version of this Ehlers Fisher Transform - Smoothed 1.01

I will be verymuch thankful to you,

Newer version of Ehlers fisher transform - the smoothed version (description can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page23 ) made multi time frame

mladen:

Newer version of Ehlers fisher transform - the smoothed version (description can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page23 ) made multi time frame

Very Kind of you Mladen sir.

mladen:

Starting with RSI

This experiment will show how important is to know all the phases of calculating something

The example is using well known RSI indicator, but by changing the averaging method used in the calculation, it allows us to have rsi that is anything but the original.

First the indicator :

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
rsi_experiment.mq4

Original Welles Wilders' RSI uses what is sometimes known as Wilders EMA. This indicator allows you to change that and to use on of the built in averages (SMA, EMA, SMMA and LWMA). And then you have, this :

You would expect 4 more types of RSI. But if you take a look at the result, you shall see that the original rsi and the rsi using smma for calculation is the same. And you are not wrong. That is supposed to be so. It is due to the fact that smma and Wilders ema are the same (regardless of the different math used to calculate it). It is less known, but from now on, hen someone tells you to use Wilders ema, simply use same period smma

So much for this "experiment"

I hada problem coding addingthis indicator as a filter, when trying to code it into my EA, my programmer said that it doesnt display values of the trend is decending. So hedosent know how to get it values when the trend change to SELL. Please can you help look into it. Thanks

MECMAN:

He is using wrong buffers for comparison

Post the iCustom() call he is trying to use, and I will post the correct way how that indicator should be used

mladen:

He is using wrong buffers for comparison

Post the iCustom() call he is trying to use, and I will post the correct way how that indicator should be used

Thanks malden,i have be waiting for him for him to send me the details, He is currently undergoing a minor surgery. I believe he will reply me soon

Ok he just replied.

double rsi = iCustom(NULL,0,"rsi_experiment",rsiTF,1,1); <- buffer 1 for down slope this has values or EMPTY_VALUE

double rsi = iCustom(NULL,0,"rsi_experiment",rsiTF,2,1) <- buffer 2 for up values, this is always EMPTY_VALUE

mq4 attached. I removed all extern except for Timeframe 

Files:

Frama ribbon (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179671/page12 ) but with two experimental calculation methods added. The two methods are producing similar results, but both are having very different results compared to the classical calculation result. Wit the new method(s) some false signals are filtered out and the results are logical

mladen:

And some more experimenting with the Schaff trend cycle itself - this one allows different average types for macd and signal calculations :

ATTENTION: Video should be reuploaded
schaff_trend_cycle_-_experiment.mq4

A lot of different STC values can be calculated using just the 4 ma types combinations included

@mladen it will humbly delightful if you can make this indicator multi-time frame

MECMAN:
@mladen it will humbly delightful if you can make this indicator multi-time frame
Did you see this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page19 ?
Reason: