New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 78

Poocher:
You're efforts Mladen keep many of us greedy traders from going nuts because we see how generous you are and seemingly happy!

Is there a Dema I could put on my price graph and also on the indicator in the window under the price graph.

I do that using the ema moving average in Metatrader and use the "first indicator" option to put it on the indicator.

I think dema would be better than the ema but can't find a dema to put on the indicator.

Thanks for any help!

There are a couple of dema indicators at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173620 that are working in this new metatrader 4. Unfortunately in the new metatrader 4 there is still no way how we can make a custom indicator applicable to another indicator (to have a"use previous data" option in the price field, so, we are still stuck with the ways that it was done before)

un6oitil:
Hello Mladen,

I would like to backtest my strategy with script renko, but it does not function on the new platform metatrader.

Please, could you look at?

I searched on google a script which functions on the new platform but I did not find.

Sorry for my english, I'm french, but I think that one understood oneself.

rk-renkolivechart_v6-script-adj-nf.mq4

Try this version, it was posted here on ForexFactory yesterday along with instructions, I think it's been updated to work on the latest MT4 build.

Hopefully this will save Mladen some some of his valuable time.

litplum:
Try this version, it was posted here on ForexFactory yesterday along with instructions, I think it's been updated to work on the latest MT4 build. Hopefully this will save Mladen some some of his valuable time.

litplum

It has the same basic problems : EAs will not run on such a chart and the format of data is the old format (it is just a matter of time when will the old format be abandoned - if they are consistent with what they say, from summer old metatrader 4 stuff will not be supported any more, so...). Also, if you change time frame or symbols at which the script is attached to or you restart the terminal, with new metatrader the script will be unloaded

You need something like this autorefresh_timer.mq4 to make it run the EAs too on that chart (it is an indicator that will work even when ticks are not coming in - just attach it to that renko chart), and as far as format is concerned, the script has to be rewritten

Files:

Please make this indicator new MT4 compatible/turn into nmc version. Thanks in advance.

mladen:
un6oitil

That script is just scratched as far as the changes for the new metatarder 4 hst file formats are required. Only the file ansi format is changed all the rest is working (not working) as it is still the old hst file format and that combination can not work

It needs much more changes in order to make it compatible with new format. Will see what can be done (saw some scripts that were not able to work without a total rewrite)

ah ok ! I understand it well.

I did not think that it was so complicated which that, I am sorry. Thank you for these explanations.

Another thing.

With new version of MT4, I have a new error concerning the indicator "Breakeven EA v1.2 nmc".

I have also some errors with my scripts. I make use of it the every day. Scripts very interesting, especially for the scalping.

Please Mladen, can you rectify these errors?

I wish you an excellent weekend, and thank you for all that you do.

litplum:
Try this version, it was posted here on ForexFactory yesterday along with instructions, I think it's been updated to work on the latest MT4 build. Hopefully this will save Mladen some some of his valuable time.

Thanks Litplum. But it's the same file.

un6oitil:
ah ok ! I understand it well.

I did not think that it was so complicated which that, I am sorry. Thank you for these explanations.

Another thing.

With new version of MT4, I have a new error concerning the indicator "Breakeven EA v1.2 nmc".

I have also some errors with my scripts. I make use of it the every day. Scripts very interesting, especially for the scalping.

Please Mladen, can you rectify these errors?

I wish you an excellent weekend, and thank you for all that you do.

un6oitil

Only these two had some warnings. There resst compiled with no warnings at all in my metattrader (my build is 628)

modify_stops_dragdrop_1.mq4

_close_all_dragdrop_1.mq4

mladen:
litplum

It has the same basic problems : EAs will not run on such a chart and the format of data is the old format (it is just a matter of time when will the old format be abandoned - if they are consistent with what they say, from summer old metatrader 4 stuff will not be supported any more, so...). Also, if you change time frame or symbols at which the script is attached to or you restart the terminal, with new metatrader the script will be unloaded

You need something like this autorefresh_timer.mq4 to make it run the EAs too on that chart (it is an indicator that will work even when ticks are not coming in - just attach it to that renko chart), and as far as format is concerned, the script has to be rewritten

Sorry about that Mladen,

I just wanted it to visually backtest an indicator on Renko and it works OK for that, because it was a recent post and it works for me I assumed it had been rewritten and was now build 610+ compatible.

Oh well, at least I learned about the tick generator.

Cheers

un6oitil:
Thanks Litplum. But it's the same file.

Yeah, sorry about that, it works for me but I'm not using an EA, just visually backtesting an indicator. I don't know if you saw Mladen's reply (post 777 above) but he's posted a tick generator which may help you.

mladen:
un6oitil

Only these two had some warnings. There resst compiled with no warnings at all in my metattrader (my build is 628)

modify_stops_dragdrop_1.mq4

_close_all_dragdrop_1.mq4

Ok Mladen, thanks, my build is 625.

Reason: