New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 286

mladen:

Don_xyZ

can you please post that version that you are using?

I attached both (the one that does not work - Better Bollinger bands_mtf+alerts+ma_nrp-2) and the one that 'm currently using (the default that's available in MT4 platform - Bands).

Please help!

Don_xyZ:

I attached both (the one that does not work - Better Bollinger bands_mtf+alerts+ma_nrp-2) and the one that 'm currently using (the default that's available in MT4 platform - Bands).

Please help!

Don_xyZ

Try out this version : better_bollinger_bands_mtfalertsma_nrp-2_nmc.mq4

mladen:

Don_xyZ

Try out this version : better_bollinger_bands_mtfalertsma_nrp-2_nmc.mq4

This one works Thank you!

Is there an option to change the MA type? It would be even more awesome if this option can be made available on this indicator. Please :)

I also noticed that the default BB on MT4 is different with the one that you gave me although I set the settings to be exactly the same. Why is that? Please help explain.

Don_xyZ:
I also noticed that the default BB on MT4 is different with the one that you gave me although I set the settings to be exactly the same. Why is that? Please help explain.

Don_xyZ

Better Bollinger bands uses something that is very similar to DEMA (it does not use standard averages) that is why the difference and lack of average type choice

mladen:

Don_xyZ

Better Bollinger bands uses something that is very similar to DEMA (it does not use standard averages) that is why the difference and lack of average type choice

OK, it's already an awesome modification anyway

Thank you mladen!

Don_xyZ:

OK, it's already an awesome modification anyway

Thank you mladen!

You can use this one too (it allows you to chose from the basic 4 types of averages) : bollinger_bands_ma.mq4

Files:

Dear mladen

I've got an issue using the iCustom function with the indi "Bollinger Bands_smooth %b nrp_mtf nmc":

double PercB_Smooth_Trend = iCustom(Symbol(),30,"Bollinger Bands_smooth %b nrp_mtf nmc",30,20,0,2,1.0,false,1,1);

Using MT4 tester apparently everything is fine but when the computation is finish ( or you stop the EA running in tester mode ) an incredible number of windows of this indicator are generated and it is almost impossible assess the results at the video.

bollinger_bands_smooth_b_nrp_mtf_nmc.mq4

andreatrade:
Dear mladen

I've got an issue using the iCustom function with the indi "Bollinger Bands_smooth %b nrp_mtf nmc":

double PercB_Smooth_Trend = iCustom(Symbol(),30,"Bollinger Bands_smooth %b nrp_mtf nmc",30,20,0,2,1.0,false,1,1);

Using MT4 tester apparently everything is fine but when the computation is finish ( or you stop the EA running in tester mode ) an incredible number of windows of this indicator are generated and it is almost impossible assess the results at the video.

bollinger_bands_smooth_b_nrp_mtf_nmc.mq4

You are missing the first parameter in the iCustom() call.

The call should be like this :

double PercB_Smooth_Trend = iCustom(Symbol(),30,"Bollinger Bands_smooth %b nrp_mtf nmc","",30,20,0,2,1.0,false,1,1);

Dear Mladen ---- I picked up the indicator below -- from one of your earlier posts -- it carries the nmc label --- but does not seem to work in the EA I am building with an online app --- and they keep telling me the indicator is not up to date with current MT4 language requirements --- can you update to current codes ? Also, can you confirm this indicator is not a re-paint ? Thx

Reason: