Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 171

techmac:
We feel it every day as if all stopped from one day to another. Warez sites recycling and renaming same old stuff (they do not have anything new to steal - coders stopped making new stuff for metatrader). This is one of the few sites we can still find new code. Metatrader code base is dead - worthless crap mostly

Well lets hope that one day it will be better

i always like the MT4. it is easy to analysis and trade forex.

As there are no classes in MT4 templates, give more twists than a wheel ... It took me all afternoon searching the cleanest way to do

There are several ways to make the same call.

class A {

template T get( uint index, T & value ) {

return( get( index, value ) );

}

template T get( uint index, T & value ) {

uint type;

type = getPrimitive( value ); // with sizeof(T) or defined type in constructor

switch( type ) {

case INT:

return( ( ( BINT * ) this ).get( index ) );

case LONG:

return( ( ( BLONG * ) this ).get( index ) );

}

}

template T get( uint index, T & value, T2 * selector ) {

return( ( ( T2 * selector ) this ).get( index ) );

}

}

class BLONG : public A {

ulong data[];

public: ulong get( uint index ) {

return( data );

}

public: ulong get( uint index, ulong & value ) {

return( value = data );

}

}

PS: Conclusion. The easy thing ends up being complicated when things are implemented half.

And then after a couple of days, they change something again, and you have to find yet another solution. And it goes over and over the same way all the time just because they are not able to remember what were they thinking yesterday

braintheboss:
As there are no classes in MT4 templates, give more twists than a wheel ... It took me all afternoon searching the cleanest way to do

There are several ways to make the same call.

PS: Conclusion. The easy thing ends up being complicated when things are implemented half.

Very true, today I lost several hours by coding workarround for opening offline charts from the MQL. Just because they decided to remove the buggy implementation of offline charts from ChartOpen() rather than to finish it properly.

The other annoying thing that sucks since build 610 is a warning message in every my code: struct has no members, size assigned to 1 byte MT4Object.class.mqh 34 8, because every my structure inherits from empty structure. I would really appreciate if they removed such a stupid warning.

Ovo:
Very true, today I lost several hours by coding workarround for opening offline charts from the MQL. Just because they decided to remove the buggy implementation of offline charts from ChartOpen() rather than to finish it properly. The other annoying thing that sucks since build 610 is a warning message in every my code: struct has no members, size assigned to 1 byte MT4Object.class.mqh 34 8, because every my structure inherits from empty structure. I would really appreciate if they removed such a stupid warning.

I take some time to understand that if I used a different name on file with the offlines, updating the window did not work. In the end it was a thing without any logic. You have to use the symbol in the header the same name as the file. Although the new symbol does not actually exist.

braintheboss:
I take some time to understand that if I used a different name on file with the offlines, updating the window did not work. In the end it was a thing without any logic. You have to use the symbol in the header the same name as the file. Although the new symbol does not actually exist.

I think you may be true, though I never tried other than the default file name.

The ChartOpen() function used to open the offline charts (though incorrectly set the "offline" attribute), but recently it opens H1 instead of the offline chart.

Ovo:
I think you may be true, though I never tried other than the default file name. The ChartOpen() function used to open the offline charts (though incorrectly set the "offline" attribute), but recently it opens H1 instead of the offline chart.

AFAIK OpenChart is not for offline charts. At least in MQL5. The only implementation I've seen in MQL4 to open offlines charts is to simulate keystrokes in the UI ...

This is a like a vicious circle : it will never work quite as it used to

One era is over

More changes?

Files:
new_mt4.png  57 kb
Reason: