Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 74

alanfx:
Yeah agree. But they will break the silence soon.

I was referring to the silence of the testers. From discouraging us to post there to nobody posting as a sign of something - that is the sign that metaquotes should thy to understand. Losing confidence of users is very easy but very hard to regain and they are going to have to regain it

Ema variation + filter

While waiting what will happen next

This is the ema variation with an addition of a filter (that can help filter out insignificant slope direction changes). This version too work only in this new metatrader 4

No new builds. The errors noticed before remain. It seems that metaquotes is not aware at all of some erros they are having in this beta build

Still no postings at the English part of metaquotes about this beta

Eventually someone will post there. When an explicit permission is given

Build 573

Issues from previous builds still present

They made a leap in build numbers but seems that nothing have changed in essence

I am updating the new MT4 to an existing platform from my broker and until the latest update ( 573 ) only the new MT4 indicators / EA's and scripts showed in the navigator list now all the old MT4 indicators etc show as well. There has also been some sort of a shift change with the buttons code as a single click EA I have been experimenting with now has gaps where in the previous builds there were none. The Comment() issue still remains, all of the old MT4 indicators I have tried load onto the chart and appear to work although I don't know if they work efficiently at this point but if you compile them then they will not load unless they have the code updated, so I guess Metaquotes in some way have kept the ability to use the older MT4 to some reasonable degree.

Cja

It was possible to execute build 509 ex4 files from the begining of the beta version (and even in the very begging those ex4 files were executed without an error). In my opinion it just means that from the beginning we were not told the exact reason why is the whole thing done and what is done. As far as I see the whole time the problem is with the new compiler (and still is). But also the fact that the old ex4 files could have been executed means that there is no native code and that the protection against decompilation is just a myth that is used as a sales punchline

As I see in the Russian part, they are still having big problems with labels

Reason: