Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 13

Not optimistic that it will be better, From all the previous experience and from what the results were, the conclusion is that it will not be what we are hoping for

mladen:
Seen some compared tests (EA back tests) where metatrader 4 was 2.5 times faster than exactly the same metatrader 5 version. I hope that it (that "speed") is not the part we are going to get with the new metatrader 4

Oh, S###, I heard/read something that indicated MT5 with its "native code" was so fast that C++ dlls did not have to be used. I assumed MT45 will be faster than MT4 but less than MT5. If MT45 turns out to be a bigger pig than MT4, there will be a mass exodus away.

Live in Hope, Die in Despair

Tzuman:
Oh, S###, I heard/read something that indicated MT5 with its "native code" was so fast that C++ dlls did not have to be used. I assumed MT45 will be faster than MT4 but less than MT5. If MT45 turns out to be a bigger pig than MT4, there will be a mass exodus away. Live in Hope, Die in Despair

I like the slogan Anyway, this is what I saw on metaquotes site :

Even though it is in Russian, I think that there is no need for any translation (enough to check the table). Will not comment any more except that it is enough to see the "speed" how metatrader 5 updates indicators (the difference is visible with a naked eye). Lets wait and see what will happen. I hope that we will have time enough to test and compare it

Files:
comparison.gif  14 kb

mladen:
I like the slogan Anyway, this is what I saw on metaquotes site :

Even though it is in Russian, I think that there is no need for any translation (enough to check the table). Will not comment any more except that it is enough to see the "speed" how metatrader 5 updates indicators (the difference is visible with a naked eye). Lets wait and see what will happen. I hope that we will have time enough to test and compare it

It does not look good for metatrader 5. What was the answer to that?

techmac:
It does not look good for metatrader 5. What was the answer to that?

Not much : the test was executed on windows 7 and multi-core processor which makes the results even more interesting since 32 bit metatrader 4 can not split processes to multi processor cores and even like that metatrader 4 was faster (here is the page where it was discussed : Бета версия MetaTrader 4 IDE, включающая в себя новый компилятор MQL4 и редактор - MQL5 форум - Страница 23 ).

All in all results are not encouraging and if that is what we are to expect with new metatrader 4 the problem will become obvious in a matter of minutes. That is the reason that I am waiting for the new terminal : to be able to compare it (speed wise) to the current terminal we are using - then we shall know much more what is the direction of the new metatrader and what is the possible way to trade

The lack of information becomes a familiar situation, and the lack of new updates even more familiar.

There is no news on when will the new terminal be released for beta testing nor is there any new update of the existing metaeditor and compiler. The only peace of information that might be worth mentioning is that "there will be only one editor and compiler in the future". What does that exactly mean we shall see but having just one developing environment dangerously reminds us of our first though : that the end of metatrader 4 is closing

I think that right now all they are doing is delaying the announcement - that we are to use metatrader 5. It is already 2 months and it was only 2 beta versions in that time. For beta testing period it is far to small a number of beta versions.

Great news. Instead of working on MQL4 -> MQL5 compatibility, they have decided to go the opposite way. They have transferred the maximum possible amount of MQL5 language functions and features fully preserving MQL4 functionality. In other words, all powerful MQL5 functions, including ООP and the native code compiler, will become available in MQL4.

Oscar Hunter:
Great news. Instead of working on MQL4 -> MQL5 compatibility, they have decided to go the opposite way. They have transferred the maximum possible amount of MQL5 language functions and features fully preserving MQL4 functionality. In other words, all powerful MQL5 functions, including ООP and the native code compiler, will become available in MQL4.

:):):)

The first post about "changes" planed for metatrader 4 (and the first statement in that post - rounded in red):

At least you can copy->paste.

What is so great in that news?

Files:
mt5.gif  36 kb

Maybe just one encouraging detail : for a very, very long time nothing new was posted in the metarader 4 code base. Now a couple of new things were posted (nothing special, but at least they posted something) And now the situation is opposite : nothing new in the metatrader 5 code base for quite some time

Reason: