HELP with Upper TF indicator

Is there a CCI indicator that can put a different colour on the chart background on all charts?

I have one that works on FX charts and the Silver chart, although it needs refreshing every time the charts are opened, but will not work on Indices or Gold.

The coder is unable to find out why it does not work on Indices or Gold and has given up, suggesting it is an MT4 matter.

Here is a 60m chart of Silver to show what it looks like after refreshing.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

PS

I have the Mq4 file of the faulty indicator if this will help.

Files:
silverh1.png  52 kb

TEAMTRADER:
Is there a CCI indicator that can put a different colour on the chart background on all charts?

I have one that works on FX charts and the Silver chart, although it needs refreshing every time the charts are opened, but will not work on Indices or Gold.

The coder is unable to find out why it does not work on Indices or Gold and has given up, suggesting it is an MT4 matter.

Here is a 60m chart of Silver to show what it looks like after refreshing.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

PS

I have the Mq4 file of the faulty indicator if this will help.

Reminds me of this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018/page29

You do not have the source that you can post?

Here it is but it is faulty and despite the coders very best efforts was unable to get it to operate on Indices.

It is CCI based, not MACD but I'll look at that one to see if it can match the accuracy of the CCI.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

PS

The MACD indicator does not show on the Indices either so it could well be an MT4 problem.

TEAMTRADER:
Here it is but it is faulty and despite the coders very best efforts was unable to get it to operate on Indices.

It is CCI based, not MACD but I'll look at that one to see if it can match the accuracy of the CCI.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Never mind

Try out this one (it is a different one). Here are two examples (one on gold and another on one random index)

PS: it is a multi time frame indicator already (with alerts)

Files:

Thanks, this one works - but it is not totally accurate.

It must repaint as the colour changes before the indicator in the upper TF goes over or under zero when the 'CCI price' setting is 5.

It has 5 settings 1-5 on this 'CCI price'.

Finally, there is a window called 'Dummy' - do you know what this controls?

Thanks again for your help.

TEAMTRADER

Files:
_us30h4.png  69 kb

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks, this one works - but it is not totally accurate.

It must repaint as the colour changes before the indicator in the upper TF goes over or under zero when the 'CCI price' setting is 5.

It has 5 settings 1-5 on this 'CCI price'.

Finally, there is a window called 'Dummy' - do you know what this controls?

Thanks again for your help.

TEAMTRADER

Yeap, you are right noticed it and it is corrected in this one

Price is set to typical (that that value 5 - that is actually the only correct price for CCI, all the other prices are deviations from the original CCI)

As of Dummy : it is a mean how the indicator communicates with itself when turned into multi time frame mode. No need to change anything in that parameters. It is used exclusively for that internal indicator "inter time frame communication"

Files:

AO zones

Fooling around a bit : this one uses awesome oscillator to draw on chart zones. It is also a muti time frame and has alerts built in already

Files:
ao_zones.gif  45 kb
ao_zones.mq4  7 kb

DeMarker zones

And one more "zones" indicator : DeMarker zones. trend change is assumed on a cross of a 0.5 line

Files:

Thanks, I am still testing the CCI Zone indi to make sure it has no hidden idiosyncrasies.

So far so good and it is looking good.

Appreciate the help! Coding is not easy to some.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Fooling around a bit : this one uses awesome oscillator to draw on chart zones. It is also a muti time frame and has alerts built in already

Continuing in the zone theme Rmi zones , bullish greater than 50 bearish less than 50.

Files:
rmi_zones.png  61 kb
rmi_zones.mq4  8 kb

Rmi slope zones sloping down bearish and sloping up bullish.

Reason: