HELP with Upper TF indicator - page 2

The AO zone is not as good as the CCI zone as it is not adaptable with the settings - the CCI is looking excellent on a 1m chart with 5m settings. A scalpers dream.

Will look at higher TF's - but initial backtests look 'TGTBT' - to good to be true.

As long as it does not repaint, and my visual tests have not detected this, the indicator is as good as it gets when it is on the correct setting for the TF traded.

Will post later - and thank you once again.

TEAMTRADER

I've checked all the others too against the CCI zone and the CCI Zone is better as it gets there first and gets out faster.

The higher the TF, the better the picture!

Indicators under the chart are

1. CCI-13 with the daily timeframe 'over/under zero' background colour showing.

2. A combination of the BB - MACD and the MACD flat market detector. One on top of the other.

I'll post the upper indicators in the next post as it will not allow any further attachments - also the template.

Thanks for all the help.

TEAMTRADER

Here are the other indicators - next the template.

TEAMTRADER

and the template - the CCI zones indicator is already posted above.

You'll be interested to see what I have put together from some of the indicators that you have created or amended.

Files:
4hr_daily.tpl  124 kb

For some strange reason the CCI Zone does not operate on some 15m charts - such as the AudUsd but others too.

It operates on most FX and indices and commodities so it is baffling.

TEAMTRADER

Files:
audusdm15.png  84 kb

TEAMTRADER:
For some strange reason the CCI Zone does not operate on some 15m charts - such as the AudUsd but others too.

It operates on most FX and indices and commodities so it is baffling.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Here is how it looks on my terminal using AUDUSD 15 minute chart. Can you check the experts and journal tabs of terminal for eventual error written out there

Files:

No problems with the journal/experts entries - I am using setting 60 (minutes) on the 15m AU chart.

I deleted all charts except one, deleted all objects and re-saved the template.

Re-check the experts and journal - no problems.

Open up other charts and it worked perfectly initially then they changed back to the multi-coloured background until I refreshed the CCI zone indi.

I now think that there may be objects saved in the template but as long as the CCI zone is refreshed, then this clears it.

I appreciate your help.

TEAMTRADER

Files:

TEAMTRADER:
No problems with the journal/experts entries - I am using setting 60 (minutes) on the 15m AU chart.

I deleted all charts except one, deleted all objects and re-saved the template.

Re-check the experts and journal - no problems.

Open up other charts and it worked perfectly initially then they changed back to the multi-coloured background until I refreshed the CCI zone indi.

I now think that there may be objects saved in the template but as long as the CCI zone is refreshed, then this clears it.

I appreciate your help.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

There is a whole lot of objects in the template that are not generated by CCI zones indicator (Does name CCIRes(55)_0 or CCISpp(55)_0 resemble to some indicator used?) That might have been a problem if the indicator did not take care just of its own objects

Those two indicators CCI indicators auto enter S&R levels based on momentum and enter horizontal S&R levels, not the blocks associated with the CCI zone indicator.

The Momentum scalper gold test puts blocks on the screen but it can, and was, disabled.

I will design it for a longer term strategy, so as long as the next couple of weeks do not show up any discrepancies then the indicator will do as it stands.

If it is as good as I think it is going to be, I will put it out for test, with a simple PDF, if you know anyone reliable.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

Hi all,

Hi Teamtrader thanks for this thread.

When the CCI crosses the 0 line , on the graph the price crosses the simple moving average.

In my humble opinion it makes more logical to use this indicator : price Vs Maverage Zones.

Also,we can choose moving average type . .

Reason: