Harmonic Analysis - page 50

irad:
it had me too,but atleast I paid for this loss with my EURUSD scalping trade that I took aswell( I manage to hit target 2 @ 127.2% of the AD swing!)

We should've taken XA like this :/

Files:
eurjpyh1_5.png  49 kb

RyuShin:
We should've taken XA like this :/

well.. that's right,

that's the reason I hate harmonic as much I love it, if you lose and you keep watching the market move, you will find that it's not a failed pattern, it just a formation of a different one.

and with the correct money management you can take several loses and just B/E for the day or even profit the day with a single trade.

I close that day with 8 winners, 8 losers, and over 100 pips waiting for my EURAUD(decided to go long on the 5-0 pattern) + AUDUSD(bearish bat) trades to finish their moves

BTW watch the EURJPY trade that it also a butterfly that terminated at 130.30,

I hate to realize those stuff 2 hours later

RyuShin:
The small anti butterfly fails. Now the price is hanging around significant resistance level. Maybe it's likely to go down

The second anti butterfly worked out with 70pips in profit. I added an anti bat in case the second anti butterfly failure. Maybe the bearish anti bat is still valid. I couldn't post as much as I usually do. I was busy and I will be busy tomorrow too maybe but I will try my best to contribute to the thread.

Files:
nzdusdm30_1.png  61 kb

irad:
well.. that's right,that's the reason I hate harmonic as much I love it, if you lose and you keep watching the market move, you will find that it's not a failed pattern, it just a formation of a different one.and with the correct money management you can take several loses and just B/E for the day or even profit the day with a single trade.I close that day with 8 winners, 8 losers, and over 100 pips waiting for my EURAUD(decided to go long on the 5-0 pattern) + AUDUSD(bearish bat) trades to finish their movesBTW watch the EURJPY trade that it also a butterfly that terminated at 130.30,I hate to realize those stuff 2 hours later

I totally agree with you. That's what exactly happen to me too. Money management is very important. There's a bearish butterfly on EURJPY H4. I think I posted that before, anyways it'll complete soon.

Files:
eurjpyh4_3.png  75 kb

RyuShin:
It didn't work out beautifully but it seems to be working out after it hit 61.8 retracement of the last swing. Now we have a potential gartley, ABCD and agg/safety C entry on H4.

The pair has been moving exactly what I anticipated. Shorted at B to C, closed with 130pips in profit and longed at C to D which is still running with 150pips in profit. I can close it now but I'll see if it's gonna complete the gartley. SL is 100pips in profit.

Files:
usdjpyh4_2.png  56 kb

RyuShin:
The pair has been moving exactly what I anticipated. Shorted at B to C, closed with 130pips in profit and longed at C to D which is still running with 150pips in profit. I can close it now but I'll see if it's gonna complete the gartley. SL is 100pips in profit.

that's amazing, it's like super aggressive B

did you actually anticipated gartley since it touched the 61.8? what was your entry on that one?and where you decided to close the position?

irad:
that's amazing, it's like super aggressive Bdid you actually anticipated gartley since it touched the 61.8? what was your entry on that one?and where you decided to close the position?

Sorry for a belated reply I was without internet connection. Anyways speaking of USDJPY, there was a bearish gartley whose PRZ was around 61.8 retracement of the noticeable bearish movement (XA of the gartley on H4)(if I remember correctly), as you know 61.8 retracement is a very significant level. Sometimes the price bounces at/around 61.8 fib which some people called "Simple AB pattern" (if I remember correctly). When there's a noticeable bearish/bullish movement with retracement, I pull up fibo and see what retracement level the price reaches. The case of USDJPY I was looking at 61.8 retracement H4 and a bearish gartley on H1, the price started bouncing, I immediately drew the gartley and started planning a trade on the pair. My plan was to see if the pair would reach 61.8 retracement of AB of the gartley to enter agg/safety C, it reached 61.8 so I closed the short (simple AB pattern/the bearish gartley on H1) and entered a long for agg/safety C with SL break of 78.6. The pair began to reverse so I waited if it'd complete the gartley on H4. The pair reached the entry point of the gartley so I closed the long and entered short and the gartley seemed to work out. I closed the short when it reached 50 retracement of CD of the gartley because I felt enough. Total 390pips in profit. That was the first time for me to trade exactly how I anticipated. This happens but also fails but with solid MM, we could grab a lot of pips I think.

Files:
usdjpyh4-2.png  59 kb

USDJPY H1. Potential bearish gartley and bullish bat.

Files:
usdjpym30_3.png  46 kb

irad:
that's amazing, it's like super aggressive Bdid you actually anticipated gartley since it touched the 61.8? what was your entry on that one?and where you decided to close the position?

This is a failure of simple AB pattern that stopped me out. I went short when it reached 61.8. I went short cuz RSX showed overbought too. SL was above 78.6 which it hit and stopped me out.

Files:

RyuShin:
And then it will complete the butterfly we've been waiting for

The butterfly worked out.

Files:
Reason: