Make It No Repaint Please! - page 24

5plaid:
smfishertransform3.mq4smfishertransform3.ex4 Could you please fix so that it does not repaint

5plaid

Check the indicators at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page5 . Those are the non-repainting version of fisher transform

mladen:
5plaid Check the indicators at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page5 . Those are the non-repainting version of fisher transform

Thank You

Quote of the day

"Trading is not about being right it is about making money"

Hi mladen,

I have a serious question for you.

Would it be possible to convert Kaufman's AMA into a non-repainting version in MQL4 as it'd be constructed by determining the KAMA value based only on the last tick of each bar? If yes, would you mind providing me with a sample code to exclude incoming ticks except for the last one, please?

Regards,

poyais:
Hi mladen,

I have a serious question for you.

Would it be possible to convert Kaufman's AMA into a non-repainting version in MQL4 as it'd be constructed by determining the KAMA value based only on the last tick of each bar? If yes, would you mind providing me with a sample code to exclude incoming ticks except for the last one, please?

Regards,

poyais

Kaufman ama indicator is, if coded correctly, not a repainting indicator

Hi mladen,

Many thanks for your quick response.

However, I'm afraid to say that, unlike smoothing constant of Exponential MA, Alpha of AMA constantly changes because of the Efficiency Ratio as a component of the computation and that is the nitty-gritty of adaptive technique proposed by Perry Kaufman.

Regards,

poyais:
Hi mladen,

Many thanks for your quick response.

However, I'm afraid to say that, unlike smoothing constant of Exponential MA, Alpha of AMA constantly changes because of the Efficiency Ratio as a component of the computation and that is the nitty-gritty of adaptive technique proposed by Perry Kaufman.

Regards,

Yes it is adaptive

But I will repeat : it does not repaint. Making something adaptive never meant to make it repaint. So use Kaufman adaptive MA with no fear of repainting : it will not repaint.

Check how the efficiency ratio is calculated and you shall see why is it not going to repaint : for the same bar it will always be the same efficiency ratio calculated, which automatically excludes any repainting

Hello,

I find this on the internet. It's something i have never saw before, but sometimes it repaints, not all times, but sometimes ...

If anyone could have a look at it and fix the repainting issue maybe we could have a nice indicator.

Thanks !

Files:
_wolfy.mq4  24 kb

albert666:
Hello,

I find this on the internet. It's something i have never saw before, but sometimes it repaints, not all times, but sometimes ...

If anyone could have a look at it and fix the repainting issue maybe we could have a nice indicator.

Thanks !

I know that it has a function that is named "fastcausalnew" but that name is misleading. That function is non-causal (ie: it depends on future data too) which means that it will always repaint. It can not be changed to causal function

mladen:
I know that it has a function that is named "fastcausalnew" but that name is misleading. That function is non-causal (ie: it depends on future data too) which means that it will always repaint. It can not be changed to causal function

Thanks for taking the time to answer me !

I would ask a question to all of traders here :

Don't you find the market hard to work since 2 or 3 weeks, all my old tricks which worked before aren't working anymore, that's very disturbing .....

I just ask if i'm the only ?

albert666:
Thanks for taking the time to answer me !

I would ask a question to all of traders here :

Don't you find the market hard to work since 2 or 3 weeks, all my old tricks which worked before aren't working anymore, that's very disturbing .....

I just ask if i'm the only ?

This might help : Chicago Fed Calls for Curbs on High-Frequency Trading - Bloomberg

And as a conclusion to all said there, FED have started HFT-ing itself a couple of weeks ago (they opened an office in Chicago especially for that - to make the access even faster, and they are telling that they are doing it to "protect the traders from HFT companies" which is probably the biggest nonsense I have ran into lately - since FED openly admits that it is acting as a trader in forex market for quite some time now). So, we are "protected" by central banks so good, that they are robbing us blind

Reason: