Price Trapping Strategy - page 3

HI Tumr !

Thanks for your kind reply. Yes not I got it in the right folder.

The start hour in the inputs is set to 12. I don't know its working or not, although the smiley is showing happy face. I am in Saudi Arabia, GMT +3.

My server time, HotForex, (the time shown on the screen is -1 from here, meaning GMT +2).

Should I change the time ? If yes, then to what ? I want to live test the EA all day, continuous.

Also, 40 pips or 20 pips as you your past results are showing not bad. Normally an account is doubled on 44 pips if risking 15% of account depending on the leverage. That's a great thing and I want to test it.

Thanks for your kind help.

Seekers,

Yup, forward test and on REAL account, that is the surest way to prove that it will work or not..

Thanks

seekers:
Nice So you are forward testing now?

Shunmas,

The Start.Hour, I normally set to open of London Market which is 8:00 GMT, the default setting is 12:00 GMT this is 1 hour before US market open, the idea is to catch big move in price. You can set Start.Hour to 8 or just leave it to 12.

Yes, if you want to trade all day, set the continuous.trading to TRUE, however you will be exposed to a ranging asian market, but will see what the result will be. As I mentioned before as long as the market is not ranging for a looooong time below 60 pips range, it should be OK.

If you are using Hotforex (GMT+2) then the London markets opens at 10 broker's time, so you can set it between 10 to 14.

Let me know if you need more info, please share the result here as well.

Thanks

Shunmas:
HI Tumr !

Thanks for your kind reply. Yes not I got it in the right folder.

The start hour in the inputs is set to 12. I don't know its working or not, although the smiley is showing happy face. I am in Saudi Arabia, GMT +3.

My server time, HotForex, (the time shown on the screen is -1 from here, meaning GMT +2).

Should I change the time ? If yes, then to what ? I want to live test the EA all day, continuous.

Also, 40 pips or 20 pips as you your past results are showing not bad. Normally an account is doubled on 44 pips if risking 15% of account depending on the leverage. That's a great thing and I want to test it.

Thanks for your kind help.

Here is another successful trade on on GBPUSD

Sell @ 1.6238 SL 1.6258, Profit : -20 pips, lots size = 0.25 (-$50)

Buy @ 1.6258 SL 1.6238, Profit : -20 pips, lots size = 0.50 (-$100)

Sell @ 1.6238 TP 1.6198, Profit : +40 pips, lots size = 1.0 (+$400)

Net Profit : +$250.

Will see the next one...

It looks like Martingale in the trend direction? We use it playing roulette e.g. Black/Red. Every time you win you ad one chip to the winning position. It could work but the range trend would kill it. What about to ad ADX to the EA for trend strength? When ADX under 25 EA will make no entries?

Hermes

hermes:
It looks like Martingale in the trend direction? We use it playing roulette e.g. Black/Red. Every time you win you ad one chip to the winning position. It could work but the range trend would kill it. What about to ad ADX to the EA for trend strength? When ADX under 25 EA will make no entries? Hermes

Hermes,

Yes, it's martingale like system, but with stoploss. Agree ranging market is the "enemy", need to find an effective way to detect ranging market so that we are not trapped in it.

Attached is the revised SuperTrap EA, a couple if new features added.

1. WPR Filter

2. ADX Filter

3. Grid Shifting, we can enlarge the grid distance between Buy and Sell, if stop loss have occured x times, the parameter can be set on the menu. ("Grid.Shift.Level" -> Max. number of stoploss to trigger grid shift change. "Grid.Shift.Pips" -> the distance in pips the grid to be moved when triggered by Grid.Shift.Level.)

Let me know if you have more ideas in improving this EA.

Happy New Year and successful trading.

Tumiran.

Files:

Test for 1 hour EURUSD - default parameters settings of the SuperTrap_52 version

Files:

PS: tumir66, any set file or settings that you used in developing the newer version? So far it is not bad, so it should be forward tested too

Here are some of the set files for different strategy for SuperTrap.

1. Strap_R52_Hedge, all position will only be closed after net profit is positif.

2. Strap_R52_NoShift, this is the normal setting, where wrong position will be closed by SL.

3. Strap_R52_Shift, this setting moves the grid distance after x number of cutloss.

Happy Trading...

Here is the other set file.

BTW, the chart is the result tested for 1 year in 2011, Top Chart is with HEDGING, middle chart is with is with NO SHIFTING, bottom chart is with SHIFTING.

Files:
Reason: