Price Trapping Strategy - page 4

Here is another successful trade on EURUSD

1. Sell @1.3263 SL @1.3283, Profit : -20 Pips @ 0.01 Lots = -$2

2. Buy @1.3283 SL @1.3263, Profit : -20 Pips @ 0.02 Lots = -$4

3. Sell @1.3263 TP @1.3203, Profit : +30 Pips @ 0.04 Lots = +$24

Net Profit: +$18

Will se the next trade

Hi Timur !

I back-tested it on M1, sometimes it shows profit and sometimes loss, which is kind of strange, so I optimised it and it showed $9,571 profit.

Anyways, are you using the EA on real account or still demoing ?

From the results you are posting, I am sure it will work absolutely fine in the short-term.

I am testing it and will keep on and post my results here as well.

Thanks for your system.

Regards.

Hi Timur !

From your post 30, if the first image is for this setting:

"1. Strap_R52_Hedge, all position will only be closed after net profit is positif.", then it would be wise to use this one. Which Set file is this ?

Thanks for your help.

Back-Tested

Backtesting - Results

Please see attached for Detailed Statement

This is based on Continuous Trading = True

Files:

Shunmas

Did you try testing it on 1 hour time frame ?

My MT4 Crashed

Hi Seekers !

While I was optimising it, I got my MT4 stuck absolutely, I don't know why. I contacted my broker, but no such help from them. So I un-installed and re-installed again but same results, everything was stuck. Charts were not moving and at that time, I had an open trade, which gave a loss of 2.49.

Now I installed a fresh MT4 without un-installing the previous one. I don't know why that happened in the first place.

Right now, I don't know which settings Timur is using because while he is posting his transactions there are 3 transactions normally, 2 of them are loss and one profitable.

I will ask him to make sure which one he is using.

If the account balance is $100 and we use a micro lot size of 5 (i.e. 5000) on EUR/USD or USD/JPY, and have two successful transactions of 20 pips with SuperTrap, that would give us $24.78 profit on net basis, which equates to 24.78% per day.

This figure is not bad and we can increase lot size later when we have made enough profits as compounding will turn this small figure into thousands.

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks

Shunmas,

Great that you can finally get it to work on your Account.

For the Hedging Set File, use "Strap_R52_Hedge.Set" on post #30

See post #31 to look at the explanation which result chart produced by which set file..

Let me know if you need more info..

Shunmas:
Hi Timur !

From your post 30, if the first image is for this setting:

"1. Strap_R52_Hedge, all position will only be closed after net profit is positif.", then it would be wise to use this one. Which Set file is this ?

Thanks for your help.

Shunmas:
Hi Timur !

I back-tested it on M1, sometimes it shows profit and sometimes loss, which is kind of strange, so I optimised it and it showed $9,571 profit.

Anyways, are you using the EA on real account or still demoing ?

From the results you are posting, I am sure it will work absolutely fine in the short-term.

I am testing it and will keep on and post my results here as well.

Thanks for your system.

Regards.

Shunmas,

With this system, it does not matter what time frame you are using, the result will be the same. I'm using it on my real account (mini account), so it can withstand the ranging market. As I mentioned earlier, the ONLY ENEMY for this system is ranging market, but if we use a "wise" lot size, it should be OK. We never have to worry where the market is going as long as it keeps going. This system can be use for multiple pair on one account.

If you have more ideas on how to detect ranging market early enough, we can code this in to the EA so that it will not take the trade.

BTW, the set file on Post #30 and #31, must be used with SuperTrap_R52 on post #27.

Let me know if you need more info..

Timur

Hi Timur !

OK here's the word.

If you analyse the Detailed Statement (the one you posted), you'll see that loss trades are 70% and profit trades are 30%, which means the loss trades were made in ranging market, which stems from the fact that market ranges/consolidates 80% of the time and trends 20% of the time so that is proved from the statement.

Secondly, the largest profit trade is $324 and largest loss trade is $90, which is because of increased (multiplied) lot size, which is one of the main features of this EA.

Another idea just popped up in my mind (stemming from this EA's name Price Trapping System), which will also give us much more cash back than normal (right now my IB pays me $4 per standard lot of majors such as EUR/USD, USD/JPY, etc.)

What we can do is this:

Buy and Sell at current price at lot size of 0.01 (1000)

When one of the trade is positive by, let's say Buy trade, $0.2, close the profitable Buy trade and open it again.

In this was, we will keep increasing the gap size, lets make it 20 pips now, the difference between Buy and Sell now (this size has been increased by cashing in positive trades). Now if the price is moving between these two orders, we can open orders on higher lots so as to maximise profits and build these profits in such a way that even after closing negative trades, there will be net profit.

According to my conviction, if the cashback is $4 per standard, that means it would be $0.04 on micro. This will open many trades and we will be accumulating cashbacks + profits also.

Normally the cashback IB credits cashback at midnight and it must have been accrued upto $5.

Please share your kind thoughts on such system with appropriate stop losses and take profits. Can you come up with an EA entailing this idea ?

A grid can be successfully traded through an EA with lower lot size on pairs such as USD/JPY, which has much lower margin requirement compared to many others such as GBP/JPY.

That's just an idea, what you think of it mate ?

Regards,

Shunmas

Yes I am also thinking how to cut losses short on this

Reason: