Price Trapping Strategy - page 6

A Little Bit Explanation

Hi Tumir !

I am writing the inputs here, some are self-explanatory and for some inputs, I need your help to understand (although I do understand what the EA does, it opens 2 pending orders above and below the current price by the difference (distance) of 10 pips and when one of the orders get hit (triggered), the opposite order gets deleted/modified with double the lot size of the currently opened.

I have added "//" next to inputs to write description, what they do and what should be changed as per my understanding, please kindly correct me where I am wrong.

NOTE: THESE ARE THE INPUTS OF YOUR FIRST POSTED EA SuperTrap_R51 WITHOUT ADX

extern int Magic.No = 12345; // Magic Number of EA

extern bool Continuous.Trading = false; // If I want to trade for all day and not specific hours, I will change it to True

extern int Start.Hour = 8; // if Continuous.Trading = true, then I don't need to change this, any number here would not affect the working of the EA

extern int Start.Min = 0; // Same as above

extern bool Entry.On.Bar.Signal=false; // I don't understand this

extern double Bar.Pip.Size = 10; // I don't understand this

extern bool Stop.Trade = false; // I don't understand this

extern bool Close.All = false; // I don't understand this

extern bool Manual.Buy = false; // I don't understand this

extern bool Manual.Sell= false; // I don't understand this

extern int Grid.Dist = 10; // This will be the grid distance, for example, 10 means to open pending orders by the distance of 10 pips above and below the current price and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double Lots = 0.3; // I don't understand this

extern double Min.Lots = 0.01; // This is the lot size of the first pending orders and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double Max.Lots = 5; // I don't understand this

extern int Lots.Shift.Level=4; // I don't understand this

extern double TP = 40; // This is TP of first opened market and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double SL = 25; // This is SL of first opened market and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double Spread = 3; // I don't understand this,

extern int Max.Level = 10; // I don't understand this

extern double Multiplier1= 2; // I don't understand this,confusion, explanation needed

extern double Multiplier2= 1.8; // I don't understand this,confusion, explanation needed

double Cur.Buy.Price,Grid1b.Price,Grid2b.Price,Grid3b.Price;

double Cur.Sell.Price,Grid1s.Price,Grid2s.Price,Grid3s.Price;

double Prof_b, Prof_bLast,Prof_s,Prof_sLast,iLots,dist_x,sLots,bLots,Multx,TPx,SLx,Poin;

int retry, last.ticket,level_buy,level_sell,level_pbuy,level_psell,iGrid,iDel,iDel1,iDel2,SL.Gap=4,NewStart;

int mbuy,msell,LSL,trade,dLast;

Why I am asking for explanation is because I am having problems with EA, for example, uninit reason 5, etc. Also, I want to change the grid size to 5 and then backtest live to test the EA fully, now if I change it to 5, what other number needs to be changed, so that's why I am writing this post.

If you are on a busy schedule, that would be fine absolutely.

Your kind help will be much appreciated in this regard

Profoundest Regards,

Shunmas

Hi Tumir !

Please see your inbox

Shunmas,

Please see explanation in quoted text below.

I hope it will help you understand it better, as you can tell, I deliberately use a very simple explanation on the beginning of this thread, since it will be very confusing if I try to explain what this EA is doing in detail. Since you are interested in it, then I can explain it to you with my pleasure.

Regards,

Tumiran

Shunmas:
Hi Tumir !

I am writing the inputs here, some are self-explanatory and for some inputs, I need your help to understand (although I do understand what the EA does, it opens 2 pending orders above and below the current price by the difference (distance) of 10 pips and when one of the orders get hit (triggered), the opposite order gets deleted/modified with double the lot size of the currently opened.

I have added "//" next to inputs to write description, what they do and what should be changed as per my understanding, please kindly correct me where I am wrong.

NOTE: THESE ARE THE INPUTS OF YOUR FIRST POSTED EA SuperTrap_R51 WITHOUT ADX

extern int Magic.No = 12345; // Magic Number of EA

extern bool Continuous.Trading = false; // If I want to trade for all day and not specific hours, I will change it to True

extern int Start.Hour = 8; // if Continuous.Trading = true, then I don't need to change this, any number here would not affect the working of the EA

extern int Start.Min = 0; // Same as above

extern bool Entry.On.Bar.Signal=false; // if TRUE, the EA will start trading by looking at the previous candle, the size of the candle is determined by parameter Bar.Pip.Size below, this is one of the way to check if market starts moving, to ensure that the market is moving we can set the Bar.Pip.Size higher

extern double Bar.Pip.Size = 10; // This is the size (Open - Close) of the candle to trigger the entry

extern bool Stop.Trade = false; // If TRUE the EA will not trade

extern bool Close.All = false; // if TRUE, it will close all pending and open position

extern bool Manual.Buy = false; // if TRUE, the EA will place a pending Buy trade

extern bool Manual.Sell= false; // if TRUE, the EA will place a pending Sell trade

extern int Grid.Dist = 10; // This will be the grid distance, for example, 10 means to open pending orders by the distance of 10 pips above and below the current price and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double Lots = 0.3; // This is the lot size that will be used after STOP LOSS hits xx times determined by Lots.Shift.Level below, we can discus further on this parameter what this is really for

extern double Min.Lots = 0.01; // This is the lot size of the first pending orders and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double Max.Lots = 5; // This is to limit the lot size in a ranging Market, if it is not limited the lot size will become higher and higher will cause Margin Call

extern int Lots.Shift.Level=4; // This is to specify how many times stop loss is hit before changing the lot size higer, more discussion on this, it's a bit confusing, but believe me after I explain it later on, you will understand

extern double TP = 40; // This is TP of first opened market and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double SL = 25; // This is SL of first opened market and it can be changed without changing any other number in inputs

extern double Spread = 3; // This is to compensate the spread set by broker, so that when you TP 40 pips it is really 40 pips not 37 pips ,

extern int Max.Level = 10; // This is to limit the open position when the EA set to trade on Hedging mode

extern double Multiplier1= 2; // This is the multiplier of the opposite lot size whenever stop loss is hit,confusion, explanation needed

extern double Multiplier2= 1.8; // Same as above, but this number will be used after stop loss is hit xx number of time determined by Lots.Shift.Levelconfusion, explanation needed

double Cur.Buy.Price,Grid1b.Price,Grid2b.Price,Grid3b.Price;

double Cur.Sell.Price,Grid1s.Price,Grid2s.Price,Grid3s.Price;

double Prof_b, Prof_bLast,Prof_s,Prof_sLast,iLots,dist_x,sLots,bLots,Multx,TPx,SLx,Poin;

int retry, last.ticket,level_buy,level_sell,level_pbuy,level_psell,iGrid,iDel,iDel1,iDel2,SL.Gap=4,NewStart;

int mbuy,msell,LSL,trade,dLast;

Why I am asking for explanation is because I am having problems with EA, for example, uninit reason 5, etc. Also, I want to change the grid size to 5 and then backtest live to test the EA fully, now if I change it to 5, what other number needs to be changed, so that's why I am writing this post.

If you are on a busy schedule, that would be fine absolutely.

Your kind help will be much appreciated in this regard

Profoundest Regards,

Shunmas

Shunmas,

Here is the guideline in changing the input.

Normal Setting:

Grid.Dist = any number, need to check with individual broker on the allowable minimum pips.

TP = at least 3 times of Grid.Dist, can be set to 4 times, etc..but not less than 3 times of Grid.Dist, it will lose.

SL = 2 times of Grid.Dist

Hedge Setting.

Grid.Dist = any number, need to check with individual broker on the allowable minimum pips.

TP = at least 3 times of Grid.Dist.

SL = 2xGrid.Dist+TP+5

Happy Trading

Shunmas,

Here is the set file for 5 Grid.Dist Hedging.

Regards,

Tumiran

Shunmas:
Hi Tumir ! Please see your inbox

Hi Tumir !

Thanks for the explanation. It really helped me understand the mechanics of the EA. I will use it on Monday using the preset file you just sent without changing anything in it.

Thanks for your help as always.

Regards,

Shunmas

Hi Tumir,

I have been testing out your EA and have had a rather good idea as to how it can be used to grow an account in a rather fast way. Is it possible to change the inputs so that rather than placing buy stops and sell stops it can also place buy and sell limit orders for when the market is ranging?

Thanks .

J

Hi Jadegrenne,

Do you mind to share your idea more?

Hi Jadegrenne,

Sorry, been a while have not visited this thread, if you are still interested, we can discuss further to incorporate your idea, meanwhile, I've developed the EA to take the opportunity on ranging market, I develop the EA my self so, I can try to make your idea to be included in the EA.

Let me know if you are still interested, here is my email. x.tumiran@gmail.com

I've revised the trading strategy using the Price Trapping Technic. If you are interested, you can check it out here : tumir66's Profile @ Forex Factory

Let me know your comments.

Thanks

Tumiran

Reason: